Good Midi Keyboard For Producing EDM

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Good Midi Keyboard For Producing EDMReply
Good Midi Keyboard For Producing EDM
Posted on: 27.02.2013 by Dessie Meusel
Hey guys hope your all doing well!
Ive been producing with FL Studio for around a year or so and I've decided to take the next step and expanding my set up. I just wanted your opinions on good MIDI Keyboards, doesnt have to be for FL Studio can be for any DAW, let me know about your experiences or suggestions!
Do you believe getting a MIDI Keyboard is a good first step in expanding a beginner producer's setup?
Dessie Meusel
I mainly use Syltenth1, Massive, Nexus and some other vsts
Originally Posted by SteveSwivel
My vote goes to the M-Audio Axiom 49 2nd gen. i tried some others before getting this, (205.00 shipped from musicans freind on a holiday promotion)
The weight feels nice enough and all the faders knobs drum pads are a huge bounus, plus Ableton supports the "Directlink or Hyper control" wich is a pricless feature for me, looks like FL does not support this how ever. If you can get a DAW that does , auto mapping is the Shiz........... IMO.

What do you currently use for controllers and VSTs?
Zulma Ramji
Originally Posted by Dejayhan
Ive been producing with FL Studio for around a year or so and I've decided to take the next step and expanding my set up. I just wanted your opinions on good MIDI Keyboards, doesnt have to be for FL Studio can be for any DAW, let me know about your experiences or suggestions!
Do you believe getting a MIDI Keyboard is a good first step in expanding a beginner producer's setup?
i use ableton but im sure any midi keyboard would work for FL too. I got MPK 25 it is dope. Definitely took music production up a notch not only because i can have a much more human way of playing music versus clicking on notes on the screen, but also because you can automate ton of things and play things live while recording. saves TON of time in arrangement view. Also i love that notes that you play come out perfectly timed. the note progression is not robotic and sound waay better. if you know how to play piano id recommend the full keyboard because then you can play both hands. since i suck at piano - 25 keys is good for me for now.
Dessie Meusel
Dessie Meusel
I mainly use Syltenth1, Massive, Nexus and some other vsts
Originally Posted by SteveSwivel
My vote goes to the M-Audio Axiom 49 2nd gen. i tried some others before getting this, (205.00 shipped from musicans freind on a holiday promotion)
The weight feels nice enough and all the faders knobs drum pads are a huge bounus, plus Ableton supports the "Directlink or Hyper control" wich is a pricless feature for me, looks like FL does not support this how ever. If you can get a DAW that does , auto mapping is the Shiz........... IMO.

Dessie Meusel
I know how to play piano quite well, I learnt in my younger years and I have a grand piano so a midi keyboard would be no stranger.
I want a midi keyboard that can be used as a keyboard as well as other uses for my DAW
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Well... thats a loaded question... But first ask... do you need the midi keyboard or do you need some kind of control surface to help with workflow. I know a ton of people who buy midi keyboards "to help" but they havent the foggiest how to play piano, so in the end that kit did them no good.

For a "beginner" producer with no piano skill set (not sure if you do?), id say invest that in a good controller for your DAW (Ive never used fruity loops so not sure if thats an option heh)
Joan Kollmorgen
Nektar Panorama P4 working good for me.
Drew Zamzow

Sydney Lashway
I'll second Tekki with the Axioms. I've used a ton of different keys but the Axiom is boss. Knobs, Faders, Pads and the keys feel good.
Dessie Meusel
THank you all for your opinions, hopefully I choose the right one <3
Dessie Meusel
Thank you!!
Georgina Schatzman
You should check these out, and at these prices you can't go wrong!

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=66639

The Novation SL line is solid, a decent amount of controls plus the keyboard itself is solid.
Random X
I'm all for M-Audio Axiom MIDI keyboards.

I have tried some non- weighed, semi- weighed and full weighed keyboards, and this range of MIDI keyboards keep winning me over time and time again.
Rose Schneeberg
The M-Audio Oxygen 49 is dope. U got all your faders and knobs plus some buttons. Only lacks some drumpads
Zulma Ramji
Originally Posted by Dejayhan
i use ableton but im sure any midi keyboard would work for FL too. I got MPK 25 it is dope. Definitely took music production up a notch not only because i can have a much more human way of playing music versus clicking on notes on the screen, but also because you can automate ton of things and play things live while recording. saves TON of time in arrangement view. Also i love that notes that you play come out perfectly timed. the note progression is not robotic and sound waay better. if you know how to play piano id recommend the full keyboard because then you can play both hands. since i suck at piano - 25 keys is good for me for now.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy