Question / poll : Tunes with vocals VS. tunes without vocals

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Question / poll : Tunes with vocals VS. tunes without vocalsReply
Question / poll : Tunes with vocals VS. tunes without vocals
Posted on: 04.05.2013 by Everette Akhtar
hey guys. Ive been a little curious lately since I produced this dubstep tune and finished the 'instrumental' part. I want to say it's done but I don't have any voals for it, nor do I have any ideas for vocals for it. Also I believe it sounds pretty badass without vocals.

BUT, what are people's opinions on tune with vocals vs. a tune withOUT vocals vs. a tune with just some small vocals before the drop. ??

thanks djtt
Karoline Allemand
Hey F-Grime,
Congrats on your new track
Karoline Allemand
Hey F-Grime,
Karoline Allemand
Hey F-Grime,
Karoline Allemand
Hey F-Grime,
Karoline Allemand
Hey F-Grime,
Karoline Allemand
Hey F-Grime,
Karoline Allemand
Hey F-Grime,
Karoline Allemand
Hey F-Grime,
Karoline Allemand
Hey F-Grime,
Karoline Allemand
Hey F-Grime,
Karoline Allemand
Hey F-Grime,
Karoline Allemand
Hey F-Grime,
Karoline Allemand
Hey F-Grime,
Berta Baie
Originally Posted by robbyluca
Vocals or no vocals = good if it's good.

Some songs I prefer instrumental version only, when the vocals are shit and others I prefer both versions. I love mashups though, added acapellas to instrumentals, but like I mentioned, sometimes I can't stand a song just because of the vocals so I try to find an instrumental version.
+1 to this, i believe both have their purposes, i dont really discriminate
Karoline Allemand
Hey F-Grime,
Everette Akhtar
hey guys. Ive been a little curious lately since I produced this dubstep tune and finished the 'instrumental' part. I want to say it's done but I don't have any voals for it, nor do I have any ideas for vocals for it. Also I believe it sounds pretty badass without vocals.

BUT, what are people's opinions on tune with vocals vs. a tune withOUT vocals vs. a tune with just some small vocals before the drop. ??

thanks djtt
Berta Baie
Originally Posted by robbyluca

Some songs I prefer instrumental version only, when the vocals are shit and others I prefer both versions. I love mashups though, added acapellas to instrumentals, but like I mentioned, sometimes I can't stand a song just because of the vocals so I try to find an instrumental version.
+1 to this, i believe both have their purposes, i dont really discriminate
Emelina Paglia

Sydney Lashway
Personally, I'm a sucker for Pop music. Which means, like an average listener we want something we can latch onto prime example? Journey- Don't Stop Believing. As much as appreciate and write plenty of instrumental stuff, listeners want something they can attach to the song and feel like a part of it, and that's what vocals do.

That being said, you know you've got a dope riff if people are signing your riff, another prime example? Smoke on the Water. Dubstep in particular doesn't really need vocals, but some creatively chopped and cleverly placed vox may just serve the track well and give it an extra dimension so to speak.

that's my 2 cents.
Karoline Allemand
Hey F-Grime,

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy