Does Ableton Push remove the need for a MIDI Keyboard?

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Does Ableton Push remove the need for a MIDI Keyboard?Reply
Does Ableton Push remove the need for a MIDI Keyboard?
Posted on: 06.05.2013 by Dylan Kockler
I'm new to alot of this and really wanna understand the function and purpose of the Ableton Push, can anyone explain it to me?
Dylan Kockler
I'm new to alot of this and really wanna understand the function and purpose of the Ableton Push, can anyone explain it to me?
Ervin Calvery
@BiggChev he plans on picking up both.
Sydney Lashway
I use Maschine, and I've become fond of playing melodies on the 16 pads.

That being said, nothing can change or make a piano player of 20 years switch from the good old, black and whites. I'm instinctual on a real piano/keyboard, I don't believe about keys, chords I just know. However, if you're not a piano player maybe learning the patterns or "boxes" as guitarist refer to them, may be easier.

Also, having more than one octave accessible without having to press an up or down button is also great.
Ervin Calvery
No.

I wouldn't go for Push, as I'm about to write in your other thread.

I prefer keyboards and notation for harmony, but have become used to using pads. Maschine's (mk2) pads are easily the best out there. The coloured scales are a crutch but potentially useful, and available on Maschine as well as Push.

For drumming, it's all about pads (or real drums) for me. Slicing and sampling without using the keyboard and mouse are a big deal to me, and for this reason, I'm not in to the MPC controllers or Push.

For clip launch (an Ableton thing, you'll learn so soon) I go back to my APC40, QuNeo, the Maschine and Maschine mk2 scripts, or remote scripts for other controllers that I've written myself.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy