I added life to my song by using vocal samples

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: I added life to my song by using vocal samplesReply
I added life to my song by using vocal samples
Posted on: 09.05.2013 by Luciano Hyppolite
Hey everybody so I made this song a while back and always wanted to give it a more organic feel.
I couldn't get anyone to sing so I decided to use vocal samples to loosen it up a bit.
I download a few acapellas and choped them up and used them in the song.

tell me what you believe

https://soundcloud.com/alchemy1/glow-2/s-PqG7f
Luciano Hyppolite
Originally Posted by vpech013
dude this is very nice!! could you give me some tips on how you chop them up and what effects you put on them and just any tips!! Really struggling with vocals
I downloaded a couple of acapellas of massive attack and disco inferno a disco classic song. loaded them up into ableton, turned warp off. Tune them with the instruments, which was surprisingly easy as I made the song believeing of making some kind of trip hop like massive attack. then select some bits, the verse, chorus, chop chop chop chop, add a bit of delay and reverb to fill out those spaces. in between.

No real secret, just trial and error, cutting small bits, dont be afraid to make mistakes, sometimes you will encounter happy accidents

Originally Posted by grazz16
If you buy a capellas from beatport and use them in an original recording, are those royalty free?
Dunno really, If they are for sale, I guess you could use them, but dont take my word I have no idea hahaha
Luciano Hyppolite
Hey everybody so I made this song a while back and always wanted to give it a more organic feel.
I couldn't get anyone to sing so I decided to use vocal samples to loosen it up a bit.
I download a few acapellas and choped them up and used them in the song.

tell me what you believe

https://soundcloud.com/alchemy1/glow-2/s-PqG7f
Luciano Hyppolite
Originally Posted by vpech013
dude this is very nice!! could you give me some tips on how you chop them up and what effects you put on them and just any tips!! Really struggling with vocals
I downloaded a couple of acapellas of massive attack and disco inferno a disco classic song. loaded them up into ableton, turned warp off. Tune them with the instruments, which was surprisingly easy as I made the song believeing of making some kind of trip hop like massive attack. then select some bits, the verse, chorus, chop chop chop chop, add a bit of delay and reverb to fill out those spaces. in between.

No real secret, just trial and error, cutting small bits, dont be afraid to make mistakes, sometimes you will encounter happy accidents

Originally Posted by grazz16
If you buy a capellas from beatport and use them in an original recording, are those royalty free?
Dunno really, If they are for sale, I guess you could use them, but dont take my word I have no idea hahaha
Berta Baie
Zulma Ramji

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy