Wave Stretching.

Wave Stretching.
Posted on: 12.05.2013 by Thomas Nytes
So lately I have been taking for example, I already processed hi hat sample in Ableton. I take the sample and make the loop about 1/4 of a 4/4 bar, (my hi hat samples are usually at about and 1/8 of a 4/4). I then make it a complex sample and take the bpm of the sample and make it higher until the wav is stretched to where I want it. for here you can reverse it or process it more. but I end up with a almost electro-house sounding sound.

This is a very specific example but I have used this method for many other thing. I was just wondering if anyone else was doing this too, and if so, have you added on to this method? Or, is there a whole other method out there?
Thomas Nytes
Originally Posted by padi_04
Rising the bpm compresses it, lowering stretches it. Try different warp algorythms (beats) and see how they affect your samples. BTW, Why don't you cut off the exceding material instead, you will keep the original sound with the desired length.
I am trying not to keep the original sound, I want to make a new sound or improved sound. and I have used Abletons "groove" program. its pretty cool but I have yet to get perfect its use.
Thomas Nytes
So lately I have been taking for example, I already processed hi hat sample in Ableton. I take the sample and make the loop about 1/4 of a 4/4 bar, (my hi hat samples are usually at about and 1/8 of a 4/4). I then make it a complex sample and take the bpm of the sample and make it higher until the wav is stretched to where I want it. for here you can reverse it or process it more. but I end up with a almost electro-house sounding sound.

This is a very specific example but I have used this method for many other thing. I was just wondering if anyone else was doing this too, and if so, have you added on to this method? Or, is there a whole other method out there?
Monserrate Rupnow
I abuse the warping in Live all the time to create fun sounds and fills, it's great for that.
Thomas Nytes
Originally Posted by padi_04
Rising the bpm compresses it, lowering stretches it. Try different warp algorythms (beats) and see how they affect your samples. BTW, Why don't you cut off the exceding material instead, you will keep the original sound with the desired length.
I am trying not to keep the original sound, I want to make a new sound or improved sound. and I have used Abletons "groove" program. its pretty cool but I have yet to get perfect its use.
Nedra Fresneda

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy