Better to buy 25 or 49 key MIDI keyboard? Which one?

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Better to buy 25 or 49 key MIDI keyboard? Which one?Reply
Better to buy 25 or 49 key MIDI keyboard? Which one?
Posted on: 26.01.2012 by Jerome Burruss
Hello all, does anyone have an opinion on buying 25 vs 49 key MIDI keyboard? I'm taking an interest into the Novation SL MKII keyboard, if anyone has used it can you give me your opinion? Thanks. I'm mostly into production of electro house and dubstep.
Jerome Burruss
Originally Posted by hephph
Just upgraded from axiom 25 to a novation impulse 49 yesterday, would definately recommend the novation. Granted I haven't had much time with it yet but keys feel great, automap is awesome, working flawlessly for me. Faders don't feel amazing but still totally useable. Would recommend a 49 key over a 25, felt a bit limited with the 25 keys on the axiom
Thanks, will probably check out the Impulse. I have heard, however, that the metal casing of the SL MKII feels a lot nicer than the Impulse, and the arpeggio pads on the Impulse look way more usable than that of the SL MKII.
Jerome Burruss
Hello all, does anyone have an opinion on buying 25 vs 49 key MIDI keyboard? I'm taking an interest into the Novation SL MKII keyboard, if anyone has used it can you give me your opinion? Thanks. I'm mostly into production of electro house and dubstep.
Lena Suggitt
If space or money aren't a problem then I'd go for 49 but my trusty Oxygen 8 has served me well over the years. Still works perfectly well, easy to program and you can take it to the pub without looking like bellend.
Krishna Hospelhorn
88!

I love mine

quickens up my workflow
Jerome Burruss
Originally Posted by hephph
Just upgraded from axiom 25 to a novation impulse 49 yesterday, would definately recommend the novation. Granted I haven't had much time with it yet but keys feel great, automap is awesome, working flawlessly for me. Faders don't feel amazing but still totally useable. Would recommend a 49 key over a 25, felt a bit limited with the 25 keys on the axiom
Thanks, will probably check out the Impulse. I have heard, however, that the metal casing of the SL MKII feels a lot nicer than the Impulse, and the arpeggio pads on the Impulse look way more usable than that of the SL MKII.
Dominick Fornell
Dorie Scelzo
I have a 49, but if I were buying today I'd get a 61 without hesitating, even without being able to play piano well.
Ervin Calvery
I have 61 keys on my Oxygen, or five octaves. I really don't miss the other 27 keys a piano should have, but a few years back I had 49 and was always slamming the octave -/+ buttons. I believe that 25 is so not enough and that 49 would be an acceptable choice.
Jerome Burruss
Are any of you guys using a Novation keyboard? And how do you like them. I have read different reviews, good and bad, especially on their newer series the impulse.
Maricruz Mouw
tbh i find the 25 is enough but i prefer my 49
Detra Girardier
It's just more keys dude. Do you believe you'll need them? What do you feel comfortable with?
Jerome Burruss
I can play basic riffs with both hands, but mainly one.
Brent Dierken
How much desk room do you have?

Can you play keyboard with both hands at the same time?

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy