BPM Calculator that will change the file name

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: BPM Calculator that will change the file nameReply
BPM Calculator that will change the file name
Posted on: 01.06.2013 by Lena Suggitt
Being a lazy shit I cant be bother to update all my Mp3 file names so that the title includes Camelot info and Bpm. Does anyone know of a free bit of software that will do it for me? Its not that technical surely. I've tried this one
Mp3tag v2.55a, it doesn't seem to have a Bpm Calc, and this one Mixmeister BPM Analyser, which is cool but you cant change file names automatically. So help a lazy dj out and ping me with any suggestions.
Thanks
Isa Erik
I've been using Mp3Tag studio (http://www.magnusbrading.com/mp3ts/) for many many years to do that job.
Just have BPM and key info in comment section or tell the sw to use other tag data
mp3.jpg
Lena Suggitt
Being a lazy shit I cant be bother to update all my Mp3 file names so that the title includes Camelot info and Bpm. Does anyone know of a free bit of software that will do it for me? Its not that technical surely. I've tried this one
Mp3tag v2.55a, it doesn't seem to have a Bpm Calc, and this one Mixmeister BPM Analyser, which is cool but you cant change file names automatically. So help a lazy dj out and ping me with any suggestions.
Thanks
Isa Erik
I've been using Mp3Tag studio (http://www.magnusbrading.com/mp3ts/) for many many years to do that job.
Just have BPM and key info in comment section or tell the sw to use other tag data
mp3.jpg
Nedra Fresneda
Kid3 can do it for you.
Lena Suggitt
You can change the file name with Keyfinder but it only does key and Mixmeister does BPM but I dont believe it can tag.
Brunilda Kora
Where does keyfinder and Mixmeister store the info? Because, if it is in a tag, you can use MP3Tag to insert that info at the beginning of the filename (Convert Tags to Filename)
Lena Suggitt
Sorry for the vagueness. I have the key & tempo info already courtesy of Keyfinder (free) and MixMeister' BPM analyser (also free). I guess I need a easy to use bit of software that will put the key/tempo details at the start of files. I can do it manually but as I said earlier I'm lazy and can believe of better ways to spend my time. I'll try MediaMonkey but I'd prefer not to have to spend any loot.
Layne Koop
I'm confused. Do you already have the BPM and Key, and just want to rename the files? Or do you need software that will calculate the BPM and Key, and then rename the files?

I use Mixed in Key (not free) for determining the BPM and Key, and for putting those into ID3 tags.
I use MediaMonkey (free and not free) to manage my collection of songs, including file renaming (as needed).

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy