Question about using KRKs with two inputs

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Question about using KRKs with two inputsReply
Question about using KRKs with two inputs
Posted on: 11.06.2013 by Starla Lansdon
I have a quick question about the KRK RP 5s.

I want to route my Scarlett 2i2 into the 1/4 inch jack of the KRKs and use the XLR inputs to connect wirh my S4 (using an adapter to fit the 1/4 inches of the S4).

Is that possible without damaging anything? Of course I would unplug the sound card that is not in use from the computer every time.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Starla Lansdon
I have a quick question about the KRK RP 5s.

I want to route my Scarlett 2i2 into the 1/4 inch jack of the KRKs and use the XLR inputs to connect wirh my S4 (using an adapter to fit the 1/4 inches of the S4).

Is that possible without damaging anything? Of course I would unplug the sound card that is not in use from the computer every time.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Starla Lansdon
Thanks for your help, I will try it out today and will post later, if it worked. Just wanted to know weather a try-out is save

Edit: I tested it and it looks like the 1/4 overrides the XLR. Works fine for me since I only have to pull out the 1/4 when using my S4.
Trey Brune
Pretty much what Tarekith said. The connections will work no problem, it's more about what happens when you have multiple inputs plugged in. I have KRK's at home so I can test this and report back if you want. If I had to take a guess, if the KRK's break any connections it would probably be RCA < 1/4" < XLR.

I doubt you'll damage anything, as long as you don't suddenly overdrive the speaker with too much signal.
Monserrate Rupnow
Should work, though you might run into an issue with one of the inputs over-riding the other. IE, if something is plugged into the XLR inputs, the KRK's might ignore the signal from the 1/4". I don't have KRK's to know for sure, but other than this should be no issue.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy