Samples - Renaming program?

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Samples - Renaming program?Reply
Samples - Renaming program?
Posted on: 23.06.2013 by Catherina Keplar
Hi there all,

I've decided to start to combine all my samples into folders e.g Snare,Kick,Bass,etc.

But the dilema i have is that many of the files have a similar name or quite weird names. And i was wondering was there a program in which i can just drag the files and add a name and it shall name them accordingly? E.g Snare 1, Snare 2, Etc.

Rather than myself going through them all and doing it manually?

Thanks
Afudo
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Afudo
Hi there all,

I've decided to start to combine all my samples into folders e.g Snare,Kick,Bass,etc.

But the dilema i have is that many of the files have a similar name or quite weird names. And i was wondering was there a program in which i can just drag the files and add a name and it shall name them accordingly? E.g Snare 1, Snare 2, Etc.

Thanks
Afudo
I just use Maschine's browser to tag stuff. It's pretty easy.

If I were going to actually rename the files, I would use automator to write a couple of programs or folder actions and just drag them to the folder like you described.

Just "Kick" and "Snare" aren't really enough to organize a sample library, though. I try to keep track of from where everything was sampled - which machine (808, 909, DX-7, etc) or record from which the sound came.
Catherina Keplar
Hi there all,

Thanks
Afudo
Catherina Keplar
Thanks For your replies
Monserrate Rupnow
I use a free app called Name Changer that does just this for all my samples.
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Afudo
Hi there all,

Thanks
Afudo
I just use Maschine's browser to tag stuff. It's pretty easy.

If I were going to actually rename the files, I would use automator to write a couple of programs or folder actions and just drag them to the folder like you described.

Just "Kick" and "Snare" aren't really enough to organize a sample library, though. I try to keep track of from where everything was sampled - which machine (808, 909, DX-7, etc) or record from which the sound came.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy