Uploading your tracks to soundcloud. Good idea or no?

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Uploading your tracks to soundcloud. Good idea or no?Reply
Uploading your tracks to soundcloud. Good idea or no?
Posted on: 02.07.2013 by Devora Chait
I'm wondering lately, if you have a really good track that you might want to send as a demo, is it a good idea to keep it hidden or not? I'm not sure what rights you have on soundcloud regarding copyright if someone steals it or if labels have problems with it or whatever.. what is your take on it?
Berta Baie
Originally Posted by hellnegative
We always tell our artists to keep it up as a sample (fade in at drop and fade out randomly during breakdown), upload as 128kbps or lower, and do not enable free download. For track submission, we prefer a private track that noone has heard before. It makes it a little easier for promotion.
This

If you are going to shop it to labels you want to make it a private track. You could put the full thing up and just disable downloads if u want some initial response, but as soon as you start shopping it, take it down and keep it private. Some record labels won't even look at a public link.
Devora Chait
I'm wondering lately, if you have a really good track that you might want to send as a demo, is it a good idea to keep it hidden or not? I'm not sure what rights you have on soundcloud regarding copyright if someone steals it or if labels have problems with it or whatever.. what is your take on it?
Berta Baie
Originally Posted by hellnegative
We always tell our artists to keep it up as a sample (fade in at drop and fade out randomly during breakdown), upload as 128kbps or lower, and do not enable free download. For track submission, we prefer a private track that noone has heard before. It makes it a little easier for promotion.
This

If you are going to shop it to labels you want to make it a private track. You could put the full thing up and just disable downloads if u want some initial response, but as soon as you start shopping it, take it down and keep it private. Some record labels won't even look at a public link.
Monserrate Rupnow
You can always disable downloads too, though I really don't know of many labels who would want to ruin their rep by stealing someone's song.
Devora Chait
That's good to know, thanks
Emelina Chillson

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy