Brand new to production.

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Brand new to production.Reply
Brand new to production.
Posted on: 05.07.2013 by Glen Kanarek
This community has probably been flooded with these post, but I decided to give it a try. I have got my hands on ableton but now feel utterly lost, the terminology, the look, just everything about this program confuses me, but at the same time its got me hooked. What i'm asking is if there is someone on this community who is willing to help me or at least point me in the right direction that would be nice. Also if this is the wrong community for this I'm sorry. Thanks for any help offered.
Pierre Aliseo
Originally Posted by alchemy
+1

Search for the ASK video tutorial series, they are great.

Hey would you have a link? I cant exactly find which one you are talking about...

Thanks!
Tricks
Luciano Hyppolite
Originally Posted by Kill.I.am
I don't want to be an ass here, but like you already mentioned, this community has been flooded by those kinds of posts.

The answer is always the same: start watching YT videos on Ableton, theres material for several weeks learning on there. If you have a specific problem, someone will help you here of course.

Good luck!
+1

Glen Kanarek
This community has probably been flooded with these post, but I decided to give it a try. I have got my hands on ableton but now feel utterly lost, the terminology, the look, just everything about this program confuses me, but at the same time its got me hooked. What i'm asking is if there is someone on this community who is willing to help me or at least point me in the right direction that would be nice. Also if this is the wrong community for this I'm sorry. Thanks for any help offered.
Terica Hoegh
I dont use ableton, but i do a bit of production, id be happy to help if you have questions
Luciano Hyppolite
http://www.askvideo.com/courses/application/Ableton
Monserrate Rupnow
Here's some good videos covering all sorts of topics related to producing with Live:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DJVespers
Olene Minyard
What exactly are you looking for? As in, to make what style of music?

For house, electro and dubstep, a guy called ArtFX (a producer from Holland) did a season of tutorials on building a track from scratch. It does rely on having a few other plugins though. Well worth a run through for a grasp of concepts like sidechaining, blending, mixing, what soudns compliment each other etc.

Here's the link for the series:
Pierre Aliseo
Originally Posted by alchemy
+1

Hey would you have a link? I cant exactly find which one you are talking about...

Thanks!
Tricks
Luciano Hyppolite
Originally Posted by Kill.I.am
I don't want to be an ass here, but like you already mentioned, this community has been flooded by those kinds of posts.

The answer is always the same: start watching YT videos on Ableton, theres material for several weeks learning on there. If you have a specific problem, someone will help you here of course.

Good luck!
+1

Starla Lansdon

Good luck!

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy