**NEW TUNE!! Garage / House / Old Skool Vibes **

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: **NEW TUNE!! Garage / House / Old Skool Vibes **Reply
**NEW TUNE!! Garage / House / Old Skool Vibes **
Posted on: 12.07.2013 by Hipolito Scionti
Samples Bassheads - Is There Anybody Out There Acapella andCe Ce Roger's - Someday Acapella.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated

https://soundcloud.com/djmaxone/just-shakin-bass-family-mix
Hipolito Scionti
Originally Posted by BostonsOwn
I definitely feel the vibe in the tune. i believe you got the beat down pat, except for a slight off-beat sound you got..I believe the kick for the first minute of the song.

At 1.02 - the sample you used there, I would not even know what to believe to call it, seems a little out of place. I dig the placement of it and how it is a good filler sound to sneak in. Maybe do some work on the sound it self, play around with some settings, pop on some basic effects.

At 1.17 - I felt a little let down. I liked how it progressed into the vocal, but maybe if you took out the sweep..to leave the listener 'floating' for that quick second..then drop once again. I feel like you could keep up that drumroll for a quite a while for that extra 'sumthin'.

At 2.02 - I believe the track would flow a bit better if the ' in this sweet harmony' was on its own, without the second vocal over it.

I agree on the sweep usage, had to rub it in
Thanks mate, all good points I appreciate that!
Hipolito Scionti
Samples Bassheads - Is There Anybody Out There Acapella andCe Ce Roger's - Someday Acapella.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated

https://soundcloud.com/djmaxone/just-shakin-bass-family-mix
Hipolito Scionti
Originally Posted by BostonsOwn
I definitely feel the vibe in the tune. i believe you got the beat down pat, except for a slight off-beat sound you got..I believe the kick for the first minute of the song.

At 1.02 - the sample you used there, I would not even know what to believe to call it, seems a little out of place. I dig the placement of it and how it is a good filler sound to sneak in. Maybe do some work on the sound it self, play around with some settings, pop on some basic effects.

At 1.17 - I felt a little let down. I liked how it progressed into the vocal, but maybe if you took out the sweep..to leave the listener 'floating' for that quick second..then drop once again. I feel like you could keep up that drumroll for a quite a while for that extra 'sumthin'.

At 2.02 - I believe the track would flow a bit better if the ' in this sweet harmony' was on its own, without the second vocal over it.

Thanks mate, all good points I appreciate that!
Mercedez Clodfelder

Hipolito Scionti
bump
Hipolito Scionti
Cheers. Yeah I probably did over use the white noise sweeps... Easily done eh
Celestine Porebski
Nice tune. My minor gripes: some of the drum fills could be better (well, the one with only the bassdrum at 1.12 in particular, I believe it throws the funky vibe the rest of the track has off a bit), also I have developed quite a distaste for white noise sweeps and feel you overused those a bit

But all in all: nice one.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy