Production software: Ableton 9 vs Logic Pro x (or anything else)

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Production software: Ableton 9 vs Logic Pro x (or anything else)Reply
Production software: Ableton 9 vs Logic Pro x (or anything else)
Posted on: 17.07.2013 by Bethann Olortegui
A typically vague question but I'm looking at getting into production and wanted to get some opinion to help decide what DAW to get.

I'm naturally leaning towards Logic as I'm a little more familiar with it (some of my friends use it so I have that support network too), however I'm a little concerned about support going forward. Isn't Logic Pro X supposed to be the last version from Apple?

Ableton (plus others) seems to be getting stronger and stronger in terms of development. I hear that the learning curve may be steeper/longer but the software is capable of a lot more. This may be a better long-term investment.

I suppose if anyone can offer up some helpful pros/cons on or advice to supplement my own research I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance
Bethann Olortegui
A typically vague question but I'm looking at getting into production and wanted to get some opinion to help decide what DAW to get.

I'm naturally leaning towards Logic as I'm a little more familiar with it (some of my friends use it so I have that support network too), however I'm a little concerned about support going forward. Isn't Logic Pro X supposed to be the last version from Apple?

Ableton (plus others) seems to be getting stronger and stronger in terms of development. I hear that the learning curve may be steeper/longer but the software is capable of a lot more. This may be a better long-term investment.

I suppose if anyone can offer up some helpful pros/cons on or advice to supplement my own research I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance
Bethann Olortegui
Thanks for the feedback. Seeing as I'm only dabbling I believe Logic is going to be the best (logical?) route. Can't really justify the cost of Ableton at the moment. Although is it worth getting Intro?
Nedra Fresneda
Logic X is the latest version. Keep it mind it will only work with 10.8.4 and up and it only takes 64b plugins.
Ervin Calvery
Both are great - I'm an Ableton head but I also use Logic and Pro Tools.

If you're in to Max/MSP, Ableton wins hands-down because of Max for Live.
Monserrate Rupnow
Either one will be a great choice, they are both excellent and well supported with lots of user tutorials online. Live can be a little easier to learn, and it can be used... well Live. Logic has a lot more content and is much cheaper over all.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy