New Song, first time mastering

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: New Song, first time masteringReply
New Song, first time mastering
Posted on: 29.07.2013 by Racquel Reif
Hey everyone,

I have been taking a break from the tables and getting my hands dirty with production, It was my first time mixing down and mastering my own track and i'm pretty happy with how it sounds, I still have a lot to learn but each track provides me with the opportunity to learn and grow as a producer, take a listen and let me know what you believe good/bad/indifferent! Any feedback or advice would be much appreciated,

i hope hope you all can enjoy and get down!

https://soundcloud.com/bassbows/templar
Trey Brune
Originally Posted by Tarekith
Could just be streaming on SC too, I'd never make critical mastering calls based on how that sounds so take these suggestions with a grain of salt too.
The low points of auditioning in our field eh.

"Could you listen to my song? *Posts YouTube link*
Trey Brune
Originally Posted by PeterS
I am interested in sound engineering/Music production, can i learn from home?
You should make your own thread if you'd like to discuss it. Don't derail please.

Glad you're having so much fun with it Elbows! Keep it up, that's the only way to get better. But it seems you get that already.
Jaye Opela
I signed up for a free music production course on coursera.org, it's taught through Berklee and covers the basics pretty well.
Racquel Reif
Hey everyone,

I have been taking a break from the tables and getting my hands dirty with production, It was my first time mixing down and mastering my own track and i'm pretty happy with how it sounds, I still have a lot to learn but each track provides me with the opportunity to learn and grow as a producer, take a listen and let me know what you believe good/bad/indifferent! Any feedback or advice would be much appreciated,

i hope hope you all can enjoy and get down!

https://soundcloud.com/bassbows/templar
Nickolas Weschler
ArtFx has some good videos for mastering and mixdowns on his YouTube channel. They really helped me!

Ralph Alderette
Trey Brune
Originally Posted by Tarekith
Could just be streaming on SC too, I'd never make critical mastering calls based on how that sounds so take these suggestions with a grain of salt too.
The low points of auditioning in our field eh.

"Could you listen to my song? *Posts YouTube link*
Monserrate Rupnow
A touch muddy/cloudy in the lower mids from 200-500Hz, and very focused and bright around 2-3kHz. I believe you could use a tiny bit more presence around 12kHz, and a little more fine-tuning in the bass region. It hits ok around 80-100Hz, but feels like it drop off a bit below that. Could just be streaming on SC too, I'd never make critical mastering calls based on how that sounds so take these suggestions with a grain of salt too.
Trey Brune
You should make your own thread if you'd like to discuss it. Don't derail please.

Glad you're having so much fun with it Elbows! Keep it up, that's the only way to get better. But it seems you get that already.
Jaye Opela
I signed up for a free music production course on coursera.org, it's taught through Berklee and covers the basics pretty well.
Racquel Reif
thank you! i appreciate the feed back and thank you for taking the time to listen
Leif Polesky
Sounds pretty good! Well done!

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy