Feedback wanted

Feedback wanted
Posted on: 29.08.2013 by Devora Chait
Track that's still in the making but this is the intro. Would like some feedback on general progression and mixdown.
Any help would be appreciated!

https://soundcloud.com/bartpoort93/soundje/s-n66Db
Devora Chait
Track that's still in the making but this is the intro. Would like some feedback on general progression and mixdown.
Any help would be appreciated!

https://soundcloud.com/bartpoort93/soundje/s-n66Db
Berta Baie
where as the subtractive method is good to use once things get cluttered, in this case its the percussion doesnt have enough power to it. You need to EQ and compress the hell out of that section, or like I said initially, I believe u actually just need better samples to start with, especially the kick...i dont believe that kick is salvageable even with fx
Devora Chait
PS I was going for a deephouse track that is nearing the tech-house department I guess, not really intend on sticking to genre's when producing though, just want to make a good song. Any suggestions on what the percussion needs? I'm believeing about taking the subtractive approach and get rid of some of the elements and make certain ones more powerful, then again I can also add more to give it more mass, some verby congo's and tribal drums maybe
Devora Chait
Thanks, honest feedback I can work with Yeah for now it's just a template and in the early stage, figured feedback like this saves me a lot of reworking down the road
Berta Baie
1. The percussion is very weak. Sounds like you need some better samples to start with.
2. I don't mind the general sound, I'm not a deep house fan really, but it seems to be in line with what deep house sounds like.
3. The progression is a little boring tho. Its very repetitive, you need to have something new happening every 8-16 bars or so.

Biggest issue is just those drums imo, its a decent start to a track.
Arla Padierna
I really like the vocals that you did there. Im not sure what type of music you try to intend on making. The one thing that im not feeling is the beat. Theres something missing its flat in my eyes theres no pop to it that you want for an electric song. Maybe try adding a baseline to it and EQing just the lows with it. Not a bad track overall

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy