Studio Monitors & Clipping

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Studio Monitors & ClippingReply
Studio Monitors & Clipping
Posted on: 03.09.2013 by Everette Akhtar
Hey whats up guys.

So I just got a pair of Alesis studio monitors which have a blue LED light on the front that turn red when the sound clips.

Unfortunately, Im using a 4 year old laptop which has a very slow processor. When I am using FL studio, there is a cpu/ram gauge at the top which always goes into the red zone because of my slow computer. When it does this, it produces sounds which are similar to clippy/poppy sounds, but the LED on my monitors stay blue. I am wondering if this is going to damage my monitors if I continue to use this slow computer or am I fine if the LED light doesnt turn red??

Thanks for any advice
Everette Akhtar
Originally Posted by Tarekith
You should be fine as long as the output of FL doesn't get louder when it clips, the Alesis should be fine a long as you don't see that blue light come on
Thank you
Everette Akhtar
Hey whats up guys.

So I just got a pair of Alesis studio monitors which have a blue LED light on the front that turn red when the sound clips.

Unfortunately, Im using a 4 year old laptop which has a very slow processor. When I am using FL studio, there is a cpu/ram gauge at the top which always goes into the red zone because of my slow computer. When it does this, it produces sounds which are similar to clippy/poppy sounds, but the LED on my monitors stay blue. I am wondering if this is going to damage my monitors if I continue to use this slow computer or am I fine if the LED light doesnt turn red??

Thanks for any advice
Everette Akhtar
Originally Posted by Tarekith
You should be fine as long as the output of FL doesn't get louder when it clips, the Alesis should be fine a long as you don't see that blue light come on
Thank you
Monserrate Rupnow

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy