I feel like I'm seeing improvement - Any thoughts on my latest track?

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: I feel like I'm seeing improvement - Any thoughts on my latest track?Reply
I feel like I'm seeing improvement - Any thoughts on my latest track?
Posted on: 27.08.2013 by Phoebe Patz
Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/bassoe/norway-original-mix
Phoebe Patz
Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/bassoe/norway-original-mix
Stephani Lampa
I personally love it except for the the drums. I feel like the snares and claps could be a lil bigger to match the largeness of the track.
Jeri Gano
I believe the tracks awesome! it may be a bit loud, but im sure thats an easy fix for you!
Phoebe Patz
No prob. And if you love it, you'll find the time! I'm a full time student, part time job, extracurriculars, and gym about 12 hours a week but I still find plenty of producing time (and video games lol). I use FL, so if you ever need help hit me up on soundcloud or something
Arla Padierna
I gota admit that's some really good advice there haha. thanks man, I just got my setup ready with FL studios and monitors. im ready for this school is the only issue between me and producing. Ill be trying a lot. Thanks for the advice.
Phoebe Patz
I've been seriously trying to get better for about a year and a half. My best advice would be to actually try to LEARN and to actually PRACTICE. What I mean by that, is when you're producing and don't know or understand something, LOOK IT UP. Learn it. I used to be scared of everything I didn't understand so I'd just stay away from it. Once you start embracing the unknown is when you actually start getting better. The second best advice I have is that you have to actually practice making songs. I produce about 2 times a week for a few hours so I really don't get that much practice so it's very feasible for you to get to my level in half the time. It's like going to math class but never doing the hw. You might get the concept in lecture, but when you go to try a problem on the test it'll look like chinese because you didn't actually do it. Anyways, best of luck!
Arla Padierna
This is really good. like grazz16 said main synth a bit loud. Really good over all, how long did it take you to get to this level? I Just started in may and got Fl studios still messing around with it but i just gota keep going with it
Berta Baie
pretty good overall, some mixing issues: that main synth being a bit too loud in the mix and the one in the breakdown doesn't seem to blend into the mix well, made it a bit fatiguing on the ears to listen to. A bit of reverb may help that. And the drums need to be a lot more beefy for this kind of big room prog house song imo
Phoebe Patz
Ah man, sorry to let you down! Yeah i went for a very minimal drop, and ended up pretty unhappy with how it progressed. Overall though the track was an improvement for me. I've got a new one almost finished though that blows this one away in my opinion.

And keep it up man, don't ever stop producing! The more you learn, the more you realize there is to learn lol. I've progressed monumentally from last year and there was no trick, just steady practicing the craft
Celina Namoki
Dude i was so pumped then I heard the drop. It just felt like it didn't match the excitement of the buildup IMO. If that makes sense... Great stuff though! You are far ahead of me.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy