What's up everyone! Here are my first two tracks.

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: What's up everyone! Here are my first two tracks.Reply
What's up everyone! Here are my first two tracks.
Posted on: 13.09.2013 by Shanna Bergo
I finally got my hands on the Maschine MK2 and so far these are the two tracks that I've developed. I have zero experience in production, but when I hear something good on the keys I will do everything I can to translate it into a track.

https://soundcloud.com/wyo-rtu/cloudy-by-wyo-1

https://soundcloud.com/wyo-rtu/deep-...-bass-house-by
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by WYO
Cool. Specific advise is what i look for.
There are little tricks that can help improve production quite easily!

Check out resampling and stuff aswell if you want to make your sounds fatter or more bassy.
Shanna Bergo
Originally Posted by AllDay
You should take a look at eqing, as some of your levels are too loud/quiet or sound really muddy.

Always make your kick the loudest part of your song( at -6 db) and base the rest of your sounds off of that. Snare/clap can be similar to the kick depending on genre.
Shanna Bergo
Originally Posted by Polygon
i love the snare volume automation on the first one!
and percussions are beast in the second

Right on Polygon!.Possitive opinions provides motivation.
Shanna Bergo
Originally Posted by Corbin Lied
the first song feels like a trap song, especially in the beginning, and then I really only heard minimal sounds through out the rest of the track. So I feel a little confused on where it was going. On a side note, it felt like your bass and the drums would intermingle at parts of the song and I got that "too much" bass sound where it just wobbles back and forth really quick untill the levels separate again. Deep French was good, but I would suggest using some build ups. you kind of just stopped, and then started again.

I appreciate all advice given. Lol. I understand what you mean on the "trap" type track.
I will continue to apply all advise and hopefully achieve what many will enjoy.
Shanna Bergo
I finally got my hands on the Maschine MK2 and so far these are the two tracks that I've developed. I have zero experience in production, but when I hear something good on the keys I will do everything I can to translate it into a track.

https://soundcloud.com/wyo-rtu/cloudy-by-wyo-1

https://soundcloud.com/wyo-rtu/deep-...-bass-house-by
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by WYO
There are little tricks that can help improve production quite easily!

Check out resampling and stuff aswell if you want to make your sounds fatter or more bassy.
Shanna Bergo
Originally Posted by AllDay
You should take a look at eqing, as some of your levels are too loud/quiet or sound really muddy.

Always make your kick the loudest part of your song( at -6 db) and base the rest of your sounds off of that. Snare/clap can be similar to the kick depending on genre.
Tera Baragan

Shanna Bergo
Originally Posted by Polygon

Right on Polygon!.Possitive opinions provides motivation.
Dannie Dimora
Shanna Bergo
Originally Posted by Corbin Lied
the first song feels like a trap song, especially in the beginning, and then I really only heard minimal sounds through out the rest of the track. So I feel a little confused on where it was going. On a side note, it felt like your bass and the drums would intermingle at parts of the song and I got that "too much" bass sound where it just wobbles back and forth really quick untill the levels separate again. Deep French was good, but I would suggest using some build ups. you kind of just stopped, and then started again.

I appreciate all advice given. Lol. I understand what you mean on the "trap" type track.
I will continue to apply all advise and hopefully achieve what many will enjoy.
Thomas Nytes

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy