Workflow question

Workflow question
Posted on: 29.10.2013 by Gilbert Paro
I am new to the community , so please excuse me if this topic has been beaten to death.

I am working on a new project where my writing partner and I are performing to some pre recorded stubs. My DAW of choice is Logic X and I have quite a bit of stuff there that I would like to cut up and use for live performance. I am playing keyboards, guitar and singing along with it, and my partner is playing keys, assorted other instruments and singing, so there is a bunch of stuff going on.

Initially I approached it from the idea of using Mainstage, but I found that to be lacking. It was good for Synths and effects, but running loops was kind of a disaster.

So I turned my attention to Traktor Pro. I am really liking the new remix decks, and I like the idea of being able to DJ out the evening after the set is over. It seems like it will do what I am looking for, and is simple enough to use with an F1 that it won't tip me over on stage trying to make it all work.

The questions are, is this a reasonable direction to go in, or should I suck it up and learn Ableton and spend all the money to get it going. If this is a reasonable way to go, is anyone else doing this Logic/Traktor combo, and what is your workflow. I am struggling a bit with bouncing out stubs that loop properly. Do people just bounce larger chunks and cut them up in Traktor, curious how people manage this.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.
Gilbert Paro
I am new to the community , so please excuse me if this topic has been beaten to death.

I am working on a new project where my writing partner and I are performing to some pre recorded stubs. My DAW of choice is Logic X and I have quite a bit of stuff there that I would like to cut up and use for live performance. I am playing keyboards, guitar and singing along with it, and my partner is playing keys, assorted other instruments and singing, so there is a bunch of stuff going on.

Initially I approached it from the idea of using Mainstage, but I found that to be lacking. It was good for Synths and effects, but running loops was kind of a disaster.

So I turned my attention to Traktor Pro. I am really liking the new remix decks, and I like the idea of being able to DJ out the evening after the set is over. It seems like it will do what I am looking for, and is simple enough to use with an F1 that it won't tip me over on stage trying to make it all work.

The questions are, is this a reasonable direction to go in, or should I suck it up and learn Ableton and spend all the money to get it going. If this is a reasonable way to go, is anyone else doing this Logic/Traktor combo, and what is your workflow. I am struggling a bit with bouncing out stubs that loop properly. Do people just bounce larger chunks and cut them up in Traktor, curious how people manage this.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy