Mac Mini or iMac or MBP

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Mac Mini or iMac or MBPReply
Mac Mini or iMac or MBP
Posted on: 30.10.2013 by Dylan Kockler
Just wanted to get some input on how good either an iMac or a Mac Mini would be for music production? And also how well would it compare to say a Macbook Pro or Air

Which would you recommend out of all of those?

Also I want to know if all of them are viable as well, for example what would be the bare minimum specifications i would need for it to run stuff like Ableton and all that nicely, would the base models do that fine for any of them?
Dylan Kockler
Just wanted to get some input on how good either an iMac or a Mac Mini would be for music production? And also how well would it compare to say a Macbook Pro or Air

Which would you recommend out of all of those?

Also I want to know if all of them are viable as well, for example what would be the bare minimum specifications i would need for it to run stuff like Ableton and all that nicely, would the base models do that fine for any of them?
Vikki Jeannoel
i use an i7 2012 mac mini, and it's perfect. It runs big ableton projects no problem! They are more than enough for production, and pretty cheap these days!
Petra Arra
all of them will run music production/ dj softwares. look it up in the search function or do a quick google search, there are a lot of discussions about MBP, MBA.

its a matter of preference. if you want portability and want to use it in gigs/ work outside the studio/house then get a MBP. get a secondary monitor and hook it up for a bigger screen.

most will probably recommend this set up.

others will probably get the imac for production as they might have MBP already for DJing.

who uses mac mini? I do not know anyone who uses it so i can not say anything about it

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy