Looking for mix/ mastering feedback

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Looking for mix/ mastering feedbackReply
Looking for mix/ mastering feedback
Posted on: 27.10.2013 by Tobias Merrills
So me and my friend are making twerk tracks and this is our first affair. I have some reservations about this track. We redid the kick to add more sub. But after the mastering process it still isn't loud enough compared to similar genre tracks. And when i try to juice it more, the loudest part (2nd drop) gets distorted. Just looking for more feedback. I dont care about your production feedback unless its necessary for some mixing/mastering feedback. THANKS!
https://soundcloud.com/positron/drop-down-final-master-1

changed security of it to public...ill be taking it down in like a day or two. Not sure how to make private but let you guys only listen.
Tobias Merrills
So me and my friend are making twerk tracks and this is our first affair. I have some reservations about this track. We redid the kick to add more sub. But after the mastering process it still isn't loud enough compared to similar genre tracks. And when i try to juice it more, the loudest part (2nd drop) gets distorted. Just looking for more feedback. I dont care about your production feedback unless its necessary for some mixing/mastering feedback. THANKS!
https://soundcloud.com/positron/drop-down-final-master-1

changed security of it to public...ill be taking it down in like a day or two. Not sure how to make private but let you guys only listen.
Tobias Merrills
Hey guys i am not sure how to delete a thread, but i removed the track to remaster it. I will repost it after its done!
Tobias Merrills
awwwwesome, a little through the guide and its already helpful. Yeah i believe i will get the Pro L this week because i convinced them into a student discount. Out of everyone on the community s i was hoping you would reply. Thanks dude.
Monserrate Rupnow
Pro-L is a MUCH better limiter than Adaptive Limiter in Logic, which is difficult to push hard without distorting. More mastering tips:

http://tarekith.com/assets/pdfs/Mastering.pdf
Tobias Merrills
Well not the first track i have mastered. The high pitched siren in the second drop distorts when i push the limiter.
I use only Logic Mastering Plug Ins at the moment.
My chain is
1.Channel EQ with high resolution graphic display
2.Multi Compressor
3.Adaptive Limiter

I use a Multi meter to check overall frequency spectrum and its goniometer to check panning.
I am believeing of buying the fabfilter Pro Limiter, and i would like a new multipressor as well but thats nor here or there atm.
Monserrate Rupnow
Hard to comment without knowing what you did in the mastering, but your example sounds fine to me. At least, I'm not hearing anything that would explain why you couldn't make it louder. Considering this is your first track, seems a bit unrealistic to expect to have the same mastering chops as the producers you like, or the ME's they used.
Tobias Merrills
Realized i might have posted this in the wrong sections again...fml.... sorry devs... could you help a brotha out? Wont happen again

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy