Learning to play Keyboard

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Learning to play KeyboardReply
Learning to play Keyboard
Posted on: 10.11.2013 by Bryon Taglieri
Mods Please feel free to move this if it in the wrong location.

In an effort to better understand music theory I would like to learn to play the keyboard has any one done this recently and how did you do it.

I have the options of either traditional keyboard lessons or trying the software on-line route.
Bryon Taglieri
Mods Please feel free to move this if it in the wrong location.

In an effort to better understand music theory I would like to learn to play the keyboard has any one done this recently and how did you do it.

I have the options of either traditional keyboard lessons or trying the software on-line route.
Sydney Lashway
I learned the old fashioned way. I can't knock any of these on-line, new age methods as I've never tried them.

Key thing in learning Piano, or any instrument for that matter is commitment. I used to hate hearing my instructor say "1 Hour a day!!" but now I really understand and appreciate why. By time I started playing guitar I had been playing keys for about 8 years and I excelled quite quickly in my guitar skills.

Nothing beats having a skilled teacher beside you to help you along.
Practice, Practice, Practice.

Good luck with your endeavour.
Lakeesha Storman
Nice job on the beginner piano.

4 years is perfect to start BTW.
Bryon Taglieri
Thanks guys for the advice I am leaning towards some physical one-one lessons to start with I bought

http://www.kosmic.com.au/casio-cdp-1...digital-piano/

Because I wanted 88 keys some touch sensitivity and it to be stand alone for practices I also hope my daughter may learn with me a but she is just 4 at the moment.
Lakeesha Storman
As someone that's taken lessons for years as well as taught lessons, I'd recommend the in person lessons. However, I don't know what the online lessons offer. I believe you need feedback on your lessons, not just to be told what to do, so if you can get that online, I would put them as almost equal. I believe starting with a good instructor who can then get into theory with you is a potential plus again for in person lessons, but again I have no idea what you can get from online lessons.

Hanon exercises are a good way to train your fingers.

25 key is way too small, and I'd actually recommend a 61 key over a 49 key if you can afford it. You can get all kinds of cheaper 61 key keyboards used, just make sure there's some touch sensitivity as I feel that is an important part of expressiveness in playing.
Monserrate Rupnow
I spent a lot of time doing Hanon exercises, so that my fingering and technique would improve without having to learn other people's songs Pet peeve of mine when it comes to instrument lessons!
Petra Arra
both ways is okay. it comes down to personal preference and time you will spend in learning.

I am learning by online. though I am taking so much info, I'm having a hard time remembering them all.

a 25 midi keyboard in not the way to go. get at least a 49 keys or more.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy