My attempt on recreating the Fireflies infamous synth

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: My attempt on recreating the Fireflies infamous synthReply
My attempt on recreating the Fireflies infamous synth
Posted on: 06.12.2012 by Lavera Lopezmendez
sdadasdasd.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/blankkeys/fireflies-synth-remake

This is my attempt on recreating the lead synth from Owl City's "Fireflies." I did this to practice my synthesizing skills, so why not try making this sound. Does it sound close?
Cicely Gottfried
Originally Posted by Blank Keys
sdadasdasd.jpg

This is my attempt on recreating the lead synth from Owl City's "Fireflies." I did this to practice my synthesizing skills, so why not try making this sound. Does it sound close?
Dude, if this remake is as good as it sounds I would love for it to be available again so I can use it for a remix I'm doing!
Lavera Lopezmendez
Thanks for the feedback guys

Originally Posted by ajrindy
I'm always very intrigued by replication threads, where someone tries to re-create specific synth sounds. It's amazing that people can use such different devices to effectively get to the same sound. I have for a long time been trying to find a way to re-create the lead synth of Not in Love by Crystal Castles, well, and in general a lot of sounds by them, as I find many of them very evocative, but have had no success. Any tips on learning how to do so?
It is hard to replicate or create a sound that you specifically want. Now that I believe about it, I should have added a filter to make it sound like the actual song. You should first get to know your vst or analog synthesizer so you can be able to make sounds fast without hassle. This also means to just mess around with the synthesizer and make random shit. By making random sounds, you would know how a certain combination of waves, filters, and modulation would sound like. This will teach you to know right away how to achieve a certain sound. It takes practice so just do what you can and hope for the best. If you want to remake a certain sound, you should actually listen to it and see what possible waves make up that sound, then wonder what process must those waves go in to make that sound. Synthesis is fun, but complicated (for me at least.) Hope I helped because I just rambled. lol
Lavera Lopezmendez
sdadasdasd.jpg

Cicely Gottfried
Originally Posted by Blank Keys
sdadasdasd.jpg

Dude, if this remake is as good as it sounds I would love for it to be available again so I can use it for a remix I'm doing!
Lavera Lopezmendez
Well, I haven't made an actual song; just potential or failed works, so I'm still learning. But what I do first is to construct a melody. I usually beatbox the melody out of me and try to put it into notes. Otherwise, I just play around with my midi keyboard. After I get my melody, I just let it play on a continuous loop with a initial preset or a simple sawtooth wave. Then I just mess around with the VST and see which would most fit the melody. You don't know how many times I changed the sound of the lead. Just keep trying. Sometimes when you don't get the result you wanted at first, you end up discovering a better sound. I don't have Massive, but there is many ways you can go by synthesizing a sound. Even I would be lost in the process.
Brock Ricapito
I have actually been producing for quite a while now, and have been using Massive since the beginning (and have since picked up many more synths. one of the great things about being a PC producer is that there are so many free VSTs out there mostly shitty, but occasionally useful). My experimentation and often my goals lead to weird textures, but never really useful lead sounds. I feel like the process just leads me in the opposite direction, away form things I want to create. it's odd.
Lavera Lopezmendez
Thanks for the feedback guys

Originally Posted by ajrindy
I'm always very intrigued by replication threads, where someone tries to re-create specific synth sounds. It's amazing that people can use such different devices to effectively get to the same sound. I have for a long time been trying to find a way to re-create the lead synth of Not in Love by Crystal Castles, well, and in general a lot of sounds by them, as I find many of them very evocative, but have had no success. Any tips on learning how to do so?
It is hard to replicate or create a sound that you specifically want. Now that I believe about it, I should have added a filter to make it sound like the actual song. You should first get to know your vst or analog synthesizer so you can be able to make sounds fast without hassle. This also means to just mess around with the synthesizer and make random shit. By making random sounds, you would know how a certain combination of waves, filters, and modulation would sound like. This will teach you to know right away how to achieve a certain sound. It takes practice so just do what you can and hope for the best. If you want to remake a certain sound, you should actually listen to it and see what possible waves make up that sound, then wonder what process must those waves go in to make that sound. Synthesis is fun, but complicated (for me at least.) Hope I helped because I just rambled. lol
Brock Ricapito
Merideth Garnder
Very impressive! You have a knack for sound design!

Can you show us how you'd approach getting the ridiculously hard hitting bassline from Jewelz & Scott Sparks - Toxic Rush?

I've been trying to recreate that hard hitting bassline for a few weeks and it just doesn't do it justice.
Tera Baragan
Da hell. I was comming in here to see how bad it was from the original.. Gonna just leave now. U aced the hell out of that.
Estrella Rozzo
Pretty much spot on if you ask me.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy