How to automatically switch OS X's audio device when USB is connected?

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: How to automatically switch OS X's audio device when USB is connected?Reply
How to automatically switch OS X's audio device when USB is connected?
Posted on: 23.11.2013 by Caleb Demillo
I am using a MBP these days, and I've had and Apogee Duet 2 USB soundcard for a while now.

The problem is every time I "undock" my laptop... when I go to plug everything back in, OS X switches the audio device in the system preferences back to Display Audio, so I need to go and fix that each and every time. It's a bit annoying.

Is there a tool or something that can switch this automagically?

I don't see an obvious option in the Apogee Maestro software, and nothing turned up in the app store based on my search criteria.
Caleb Demillo
I am using a MBP these days, and I've had and Apogee Duet 2 USB soundcard for a while now.

The problem is every time I "undock" my laptop... when I go to plug everything back in, OS X switches the audio device in the system preferences back to Display Audio, so I need to go and fix that each and every time. It's a bit annoying.

Is there a tool or something that can switch this automagically?

I don't see an obvious option in the Apogee Maestro software, and nothing turned up in the app store based on my search criteria.
Monserrate Rupnow
With all the USB card I've used on osx, if you set it up as the default in osx sound preferences, it I'll revert to that when it's plugged back in. Not sure how that works with a dock though.
Caleb Demillo
Whoa. Did not know about that shortcut. That helps lots right there.
robin loo
i dont know about an automatic way but you can alt+click the volume control in the menubar to quickly switch outputs.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy