Battery / Komplete / Maschine Stuff - Worth it?

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Battery / Komplete / Maschine Stuff - Worth it?Reply
Battery / Komplete / Maschine Stuff - Worth it?
Posted on: 11.11.2013 by Evan Zidar
Hi Guys,

I'd like to go more into producing so I have some questions. First of all I'm using Logic Pro 9 and have an Akai MPK Mini keyboard. The gear is all ok but my problem seems to be in the samples/Loops/etc. I have or haven't.

I'd like to do some trap/bass stuff or aussie-style tunes and now the question:
What is the thing about Native Instruments Battery or Komplete? Are they worth the money? Is it easy to get the drums/Synths/etc. I'm looking for?
What's exactly in the packages of them?

Now I'm a lot on the point where I can't get the tunes I want in Logic, even if I use FX, Compressor or whatever. I believe the ultrabeat-samples are just not the things I'm looking for.

Maybe someone of you can help me by the pro and contras for this gear.
Thanks
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by PalaceOne
Nobody in here that bought Massive?
Me =)
Evan Zidar
Hi Guys,

I'd like to go more into producing so I have some questions. First of all I'm using Logic Pro 9 and have an Akai MPK Mini keyboard. The gear is all ok but my problem seems to be in the samples/Loops/etc. I have or haven't.

I'd like to do some trap/bass stuff or aussie-style tunes and now the question:
What is the thing about Native Instruments Battery or Komplete? Are they worth the money? Is it easy to get the drums/Synths/etc. I'm looking for?
What's exactly in the packages of them?

Now I'm a lot on the point where I can't get the tunes I want in Logic, even if I use FX, Compressor or whatever. I believe the ultrabeat-samples are just not the things I'm looking for.

Maybe someone of you can help me by the pro and contras for this gear.
Thanks
Evan Zidar
well thank you guys for your infos. I believe I'll give it a try with the demo in my holidays between the semesters
Rebbecca Fennell
I have massive and the free shit they give you to tempt you to buy komplete - haven't been tempted.

It's not bad stuff, just doesn't grab my attention
Augustina Zulu
Personally I believe that for electronic music the entire Komplete library is overkill. Maschine + Massive, even without any of the expansions will keep you busy for a while, especially if you're comfortable making your own patches in Massive. If into synths I would also recommend Reaktor along with the various synths there - Prism and Razor are both really cool non-standard synths that are fun to play with. I have Battery 3 but for me Maschine has really replaced it. There are some cool sounds in there but having to map the kits to a controller manually kinda kills the workflow.
Sydney Lashway
Nope, didn't buy got it free with the 1.8 upgrade

But seriously, they are all good. I use Massive and still am on the 1.8 version with the MK1 Maschine.

The Komplete set is absolutely amazing. A friend of mine has it and swears by them. I've never been a huge fan of the MPK keys, but they've got what you need; knobs, pads, and well Keys.

I definitely recommend the Maschine platform to anybody looking to get that MPC style 4X4 sampler feel. Plus it's got way more than just that. Personally I believe coupled with keys, you've got a deadly combo.

Also, there are plenty tutorials out there for routing Maschine into Logic so best of both worlds.

PS. Just noticed you're from Lucerne. I spent the summer in Geneva. Switzerland is a beautiful country!
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by PalaceOne
Me =)
Evan Zidar

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy