Akai Synth station 49

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Akai Synth station 49Reply
Akai Synth station 49
Posted on: 30.11.2013 by Dinorah Fallica
Need some ideas for the synth station49 keyboard.

I picked it up this last week in the hopes that I would be able to sync and utilize with production on ableton live.

Came to find out that the synth station is not one of the controller keyboards. therefore, In order to use, I would need to Midi learn much of the items on the keyboard. Now, my biggest question is, I could handle setting the midi controls on nobs and beat pads, however, would I need to midi learn each and every key on the keyboard as well?

I don't have an ipad and didn't purchase in the hopes of purchasing an ipad. I purchased in the sense that I wanted a keyboard, beat pad combo without paying over 300 for one.

Anyone help is appreciated. Needing to decide whether to return the product or open up and get to playing.

Thanks!
Dinorah Fallica
Need some ideas for the synth station49 keyboard.

I picked it up this last week in the hopes that I would be able to sync and utilize with production on ableton live.

Came to find out that the synth station is not one of the controller keyboards. therefore, In order to use, I would need to Midi learn much of the items on the keyboard. Now, my biggest question is, I could handle setting the midi controls on nobs and beat pads, however, would I need to midi learn each and every key on the keyboard as well?

I don't have an ipad and didn't purchase in the hopes of purchasing an ipad. I purchased in the sense that I wanted a keyboard, beat pad combo without paying over 300 for one.

Anyone help is appreciated. Needing to decide whether to return the product or open up and get to playing.

Thanks!
Monserrate Rupnow
Take it back if you can, that's really not ideal for what you want to do. You won't have to map each key, but likely all the pads and knobs.
Nikole Resende
You did do some research before you decided which product to buy, I hope. For example on the Akai homepage, where you find the following statement:

SynthStation49 puts timeless creative control at your fingertips—it’s the most advanced, intuitive music controller designed specifically for use with iPad.
It doesn't mean it won't work with Ableton, and you probably won't have to program each and every key on the keyboard. But normally if a device is significantly cheaper than comparable devices, even from the same manufacturer, this is for a reason.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy