Please Help with Logic : System Overload!

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Please Help with Logic : System Overload!Reply
Please Help with Logic : System Overload!
Posted on: 29.11.2013 by Gwenda Busbey
Hey,

the bigger my projects are getting, my CPU bar keeps maxing out and saying System Overload because it can't go through all the data fast enough or something like that. I read online for tips how to avoid that. I started busing similar effects to the same channel and what not. Changed some settings in Logic... Anyways nothing helped at all. SO I went out and upgraded my ram to 8gb. That didn't help either...
Anyone know what I could do to fix this?
Could it be that I only have a 2 core processor?

Please Help.
Thanks
Gwenda Busbey
Hey,

the bigger my projects are getting, my CPU bar keeps maxing out and saying System Overload because it can't go through all the data fast enough or something like that. I read online for tips how to avoid that. I started busing similar effects to the same channel and what not. Changed some settings in Logic... Anyways nothing helped at all. SO I went out and upgraded my ram to 8gb. That didn't help either...
Anyone know what I could do to fix this?
Could it be that I only have a 2 core processor?

Please Help.
Thanks
Gwenda Busbey
okay fair enough, thank you.
Monserrate Rupnow
I believe Logic X is a worthwile upgrade, lots of nice features. You can ask around on the LogicProhelp.com community s about the specifics of the error you're seeing, but from what I understand it's not always related to your computer specs.
Gwenda Busbey
I love my Logic lol, just checking to see if Logic X is worth spending my money on. Ill get a Mac Pro first
Monserrate Rupnow
I still see this in Logic X occasionally. It's not a huge deal, you just need to stop the transport and restart, but it does pop up once in awhile. Along with the old Disk too slow message, even though I have an SSD. It's just a weird logic quirk, I wouldn't let it keep you from enjoying Logic.
Gwenda Busbey
Both
Monserrate Rupnow
Do you want the truth or the happy feel good answer?
April Burnap
I can't speak personally, but one of my friends recently updated to X and he's said that so far, it is a ridiculously good improvement to 9, in terms of everything from bugs to interface.

I just had a thought, you mentioned this was happening as your projects got bigger. How big are we talking here?

R x
Gwenda Busbey
um. does logic x do this too?
Monserrate Rupnow
It can happen even with a fast computer and smaller projects, it's an ongoing bug in Logic land that this pops up now and then
Gwenda Busbey
Hey Thanks for the Response,
My Macbook is 2010, slightly old, but still runs quite well. I may check a memory cleaner. But my Logic I purchased so it's not cracked lol, logic 9, not wanting to upgrade to logic 10.
I really just want to get a MacPro lol. I really thought 8 gb of ram upgrade woulda helped
Thanks
April Burnap
Hey there,

Yeah, could be your processor... However, what Mac(book) are you using? If it's a horrifically old one, it could just be that it is starting to die on you a little - I had the same problem a while ago and upgraded.

Your 8GB of RAM should be helping though. Perhaps try an app like memorycleaner (you can get it for free form the app store) and see how much of your RAM is actually available to you?

Your version of Logic might also be the issue - its age, whether it's cracked etc...

R x

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy