Making a huge impact

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Making a huge impactReply
Making a huge impact
Posted on: 12.11.2013 by Reatha Belfield
Hey guys,

for my breakdown, I want to do a big IMPACT that sounds like this:

at 0:30 sec. I've made one but not as punchy as this one... Can someone help me, I've been trying in massive but not so perfect...

THanks
Patience Kokos
Originally Posted by poltergeist
For a really dramatic impact (I'm not really sure which bit of the song you were on about), I often use an 808-style sub bass drop (there's are some awesome free samples online, or you can make one, fairly easily with any synth that can glide), layered with a huge clap (two, if need be) that's had the head of the sample removed, leaving just the body and the tail/transients, possibly a cymbal that's had the same. LPF the hell out of it, add some reverb/tape delay and there you have it. For maximum impact, you could try leading into it with a reverse clap and/or cymbal.

Throwing a little bit of white noise in there doesn't hurt, either...

R x
This guy right here.
Reatha Belfield
Hey guys,

for my breakdown, I want to do a big IMPACT that sounds like this:

at 0:30 sec. I've made one but not as punchy as this one... Can someone help me, I've been trying in massive but not so perfect...

THanks
Letitia Sehlhorst
an 808 sub bass is pretty much a sine wave with a pitch envelope, which is what OP was asking about - read his post he says at 0:30. I dunno why you guys are complicating stuff with a bunch of processing and reverb and stuff when all he wants is a sine wave with decaying pitch
Patience Kokos
Originally Posted by poltergeist
For a really dramatic impact (I'm not really sure which bit of the song you were on about), I often use an 808-style sub bass drop (there's are some awesome free samples online, or you can make one, fairly easily with any synth that can glide), layered with a huge clap (two, if need be) that's had the head of the sample removed, leaving just the body and the tail/transients, possibly a cymbal that's had the same. LPF the hell out of it, add some reverb/tape delay and there you have it. For maximum impact, you could try leading into it with a reverse clap and/or cymbal.

R x
This guy right here.
April Burnap

R x
Patience Kokos
^^ That as well...
Letitia Sehlhorst
a sine wave
Patience Kokos
Use reverb/lowpass filter... Epicverb is a nice free reverb.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy