WTF!! Itch kills Bluetooth????

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: WTF!! Itch kills Bluetooth????Reply
WTF!! Itch kills Bluetooth????
Posted on: 14.05.2010 by Corine Kasman
I am debating on whether to get an Itch controller (Xone DX probably) or go DVS with Traktor.

So I load the Itch software (1.6) to have a look at it. It gives me the flashing caution that no hardware is connected, and then POOF no Bluetooth!!!!!

Both my mouse and keyboard were dropped and now my MBP says I don't even have Bluetooth hard ware on my system!!!!!!!!

This could be completely coincidental but I'm freaking out!!

Anybody heard of anything like this before? Any suggestions on how to reboot the Bluetooth (system restart doesn't work)?

I have a Time Machine back-up from yesterday, but no idea how to restore a system from back-up.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil.

P.S. I'll be off to the Apple Store as soon as it opens if it isn't fixed REALLY soon.
robin loo
Originally Posted by DJMutagen
coconut battery works too :-D I love it!
or iStat Pro for the dashboard..
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
Might be worth checking your Battery stats/cycles
How do you do that?
Corine Kasman
I am debating on whether to get an Itch controller (Xone DX probably) or go DVS with Traktor.

So I load the Itch software (1.6) to have a look at it. It gives me the flashing caution that no hardware is connected, and then POOF no Bluetooth!!!!!

Both my mouse and keyboard were dropped and now my MBP says I don't even have Bluetooth hard ware on my system!!!!!!!!

This could be completely coincidental but I'm freaking out!!

Anybody heard of anything like this before? Any suggestions on how to reboot the Bluetooth (system restart doesn't work)?

I have a Time Machine back-up from yesterday, but no idea how to restore a system from back-up.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil.

P.S. I'll be off to the Apple Store as soon as it opens if it isn't fixed REALLY soon.
robin loo
Originally Posted by DJMutagen
or iStat Pro for the dashboard..
Kasi Kyung
Corine Kasman
Click the apple, then "about this mac", then "more info" (opens system profiler). In there, click "power". All the info is there.

Phil.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
Might be worth checking your Battery stats/cycles
How do you do that?
Corine Kasman
I believe that that is more like my reaction to having my lappy crash!!

Checked the battery state (thanks for the heads-up) and it seems in good shape (only 47 cycles and nearly 100% of the mAh available).

Cheers guys.

Phil.
Xavier Emanuels
lol bling pram ! looks like something strait out of the 50's
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Apple PramBook Pro.

Xavier Emanuels
lol PRAM settings, how fitting that word is to the mac ideology

jk, just stirring the pot i am actually saving for a macbook atm
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Yeah your reseting the PRAM settings.

Might be worth checking your Battery stats/cycles cus your Mac may not be holding PRAM settings on shut down which can indicate a need for a new battery .

Happened to me once.
Corine Kasman
OK, panic solved. Apparently this is an OLD mac issue that Apple still have not resolved. The Itch thing had nothing to do with it.

If it happens to you, turn off the computer (don't do a restart), wait a minute, then after pressing the power button press Command/Option/P/R at the same time during power up and Bluetooth come back.

Mods, kill the thread if you like, I'll repost one that is not a flat out panic and include the solution.

Phil.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy