Dicers/serato

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Dicers/seratoReply
Dicers/serato
Posted on: 12.01.2011 by Patrick Claney
hello there...

i use the dicers with techs 1210,s and serato...

the problem im having is when i hit the buttons on the dicer the needles are picking up the vibration as i am effectively hitting the deck....
i can get rid of this buy setting the threshold of serato to -24 but then scratching and playing in reverse are affected....

i am using orfton pro s needles.....

are the any types of needle that are better at not picking up the vibration? or anything i can do to help this

thanks

david
Manda Hannegan
Originally Posted by Patch
Spending money ain't the answer. Just learn to bash a little softer!
Definitely agree you should learn to control your button mashing, however if outside vibrations is the problem (i.e. rickety table, drunks around the decks, etc...) then $30 on a pair of freefloats can easily remedy that. I've played in a few different environments where having floating decks were essential to keeping my vinyl scratch free and the mix from falling apart because some drunk D-bag bumps into the table. Plus I love the feel of a floating turntable, but that's just me
Patrick Claney
hello there...

i use the dicers with techs 1210,s and serato...

the problem im having is when i hit the buttons on the dicer the needles are picking up the vibration as i am effectively hitting the deck....
i can get rid of this buy setting the threshold of serato to -24 but then scratching and playing in reverse are affected....

i am using orfton pro s needles.....

are the any types of needle that are better at not picking up the vibration? or anything i can do to help this

thanks

david
Hipolito Scionti
Does it happen in Rel mode too?
Wynell Henzel
Maybe try calibrating the deck while hitting your Dicers, maybe that will help. I have the exact same setup and I don't have that problem. Even with my monitors blasting loudly next to my tables I can scratch (badly) and hit the cue points, loops, etc. on my Dicers with no problems.
Brunilda Kora
If the needle is skipping YOU'RE HITTING IT TOO HARD!!!

I've got Dicers here, fixed to 2x1200's with DJ Putty. Like I've said before, I can bash 'em pretty hard without any skipping.

If you're not using DJ Putty, try removing the 45 adaptor locator from the Dicers (using a screw driver), and fixing 'em to your TT with DJ Putty. Might make a (small) difference.
Manda Hannegan
Originally Posted by Patch
Definitely agree you should learn to control your button mashing, however if outside vibrations is the problem (i.e. rickety table, drunks around the decks, etc...) then $30 on a pair of freefloats can easily remedy that. I've played in a few different environments where having floating decks were essential to keeping my vinyl scratch free and the mix from falling apart because some drunk D-bag bumps into the table. Plus I love the feel of a floating turntable, but that's just me
Maisie Marras
no. you can compensate by not moving your hands less distance

rest your finger on the button and just press it when you need to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6siG3LwzPo
Patrick Claney
when you are assigning cue points and are playing in beat you have to hit the pads quite hard to keep rhythm....
Dj LsEx
Soft hands... a la Mighty Ducks.
Brunilda Kora
Manda Hannegan
You might want to check into getting a pair of Freefloats. They are an inflatable shock absorber you put under your turntables. I've used these in several different scenarios and I've found they work really well even under some pretty extreme conditions.
Melinda Shick
Do they absolutely have to be sitting on your deck?

I'd just move them to beneath the mixer or something.
Brunilda Kora
You're bashing them too hard. I'm using Dicers with no problem (besides mapping ) whatsoever...

You can get away with hitting them quite hard without transferring the vibration to the needle. I can't imagine how hard you must be bashing them!
Patrick Claney
they are just sitting on a normal office table.....its quite sturdy

ive tried the weight at various postions...heavy or light it still
picks up the vibrations......
Adolf Hit
This should not be a problem with 1210's.

What sort of bench are they sitting on?

Have you check you tone arm balance etc?
Candace Carmouche
thats a great question.

hopefully ean will get a chance to chime in as im pretty sure he designed them for novation.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy