Serato crates

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Serato cratesReply
Serato crates
Posted on: 13.01.2011 by Patti Farneth
Ok, Im learning that Serato is getting left behind and I now want to make the switch. Ive spent 4 years building up my crates. Is there any way I can transfer my Serato crates over to Tracktor? This is the only thing holding me back from making the switch.
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by Conall
the 2 usb ports is for dj's switching over.
also you can you the 2nd usb to run another program like ableton.
Inez Marcinik
Originally Posted by bartboy
I'm confused with the SL4 what exactly are you plugging into the USB ports. Looking at the connections it confuses me I expected to see USB A ports not USB B. So am I connecting just 2 computers thru those ports and not say a MIDI device. If that's the case it has lost all value for me.
Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by Doomz
Serato is being left behind in the controller market

ok I see your point of view - ignore my last post.
Breanne Penge
Ok, Im learning that Serato is getting left behind
LOL - I'd say Traktor was getting left behind what with the Ableton Bridge and Video-SL.
Patti Farneth
Ok, Im learning that Serato is getting left behind and I now want to make the switch. Ive spent 4 years building up my crates. Is there any way I can transfer my Serato crates over to Tracktor? This is the only thing holding me back from making the switch.
Patti Farneth
See, Im getting Ableton Live and an APC40 in 3 weeks. I was planning on checking out the bridge before I sold my serato box. That Bridge has me curious......... So whats this about the S4 crack, can you send me a link. Id like to check that out. If I do sell my SL1 box, im planning on getting a S4 for sure.
Dana Ordinario
So I plug computer A into the SL4 and computer B into the SL4. Ok not quite what I thought they would be used for. I wish Serato wasn't so much like a walled garden. They only let certain gear in which makes for this very high first investment into something you may not like. I love Traktor and I have fooled around on Serato with friends setups and it's ok I don't know it as well as Traktor but I could get used to it. It would cost me 3 times as much as it did to get started using Serato than it did with Traktor thou. I mean I picked up a Midi Controller with Traktor LE gots some headphones and was off and running in under 300$ That doesn't even cover the SL1.

I just wish they would allow more hardware to be used with there software. There's so many great MIDI controllers out there that are fantastic and can be mapped anyway you want. I would never believe about switching but with The Bridge coming out it's just too tempting.
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by Conall
also you can you the 2nd usb to run another program like ableton.
Inez Marcinik
Originally Posted by bartboy
I'm confused with the SL4 what exactly are you plugging into the USB ports. Looking at the connections it confuses me I expected to see USB A ports not USB B. So am I connecting just 2 computers thru those ports and not say a MIDI device. If that's the case it has lost all value for me.
Cristian Carmona
check this thread out on NI they show you how to xfer all your stuff from serato to traktor

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=101674
Vernie Beharry
Agreed. . although that code hack is something to see. . an NI S4 controlling SSL. . .

Traktor was getting left behind what with the Ableton Bridge and Video-SL
I'd say the Bridge alone is massive enough. . .Vid-SL is a major hit or miss. . .depends if it's going to be seen by a major venue that has multiple screens for that, or you end up just stopping people in their tracks watching. . .and that's not what a venue owner wants. . .people stopped from buying drinks. . .
Breanne Penge

ok I see your point of view - ignore my last post.
Breanne Penge
Ok, Im learning that Serato is getting left behind
LOL - I'd say Traktor was getting left behind what with the Ableton Bridge and Video-SL.
Dana Ordinario
Patti Farneth
Serato is being left behind in the controller market.... I posted this before I seen the sl4. Man Serato did their home work on that.
Marshall Aby
Not sure how Serato is getting left behind, if anything it's a lot more competitive than it was a couple of years ago, and I'm a Traktor user.
Spencer Kilcoyne
I know there's a cue point conversion tool from Serato -> Traktor. Crate's I'm not sure about, but I'll have a play on my setup
Vernie Beharry
How is Serato getting left behind?

Not a knock on your question or statement. I'm just curious why. . .

Anf for your crates, you can just create a folder, copy everything on you playlists for folder, and just add them as you see fit. Or create these playlists in iTunes and run it from your libraries. At least that's what I'd do. .
Matha Obray
yes u should be able tp

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy