How about that Itch 2.0

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: How about that Itch 2.0Reply
How about that Itch 2.0
Posted on: 08.04.2011 by Lang Abriel
Some things I like about serato and some things I don't....File management looks nice compared to traktor, obviously the whole sample deck thing is about the same as TP2.

But now we have itch basically being SSL...so will that make anyone jump ship from traktor to run itch controllers?

I want to hear peoples opinions on this.
Rebbecca Fennell
Originally Posted by GXAssassin
all i can say is i hope they fix all the dropout issue people are having, because of this i might forgo a second v7, sell my one and get 2 CDJ850's to use with traktor

try turning off your wireless card, i had that problem and the moment i turned off my wifi and bluetooth - hiccup free. making your laptop a dual boot goes a long way towards improving the performance.
Makkins Clifton
Originally Posted by haze324
hahahaha!!!

Man, I just shot over there ---- been hoping to get an invite. I was part of the 1.7 private, but I believe those guys got a little fed up with me when I told them how good the S4 was and how poor their marketing is vs. NI's.
That was probably not the wisest idea

I've got a NS7 and VCI 300 and love both big times.

Video Itch would be a cool thing.
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by JesC
dmg or it didnt happen!
hahahaha!!!

Man, I just shot over there ---- been hoping to get an invite. I was part of the 1.7 private, but I believe those guys got a little fed up with me when I told them how good the S4 was and how poor their marketing is vs. NI's.

I've got my S4 and I still much prefer to jump on the NS7 and play "for real". Just not enough features to really compete. Hoping 2.0 briges that gap enough.

I had a 300 for a while and that was a fun portable, plug and play unit. No frills, just good times and easy to use.

sooooooo, dmg or didn't happen!
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by HedgeHog
nda, it is this time, Sorry.
i know, im just messing with you. I need to get a vci-300 asap. Im sure the Serato guys would love to have me on the beta team.
Cristian Carmona
Err, I forgot to say it's closed beta at first.
dmg or it didnt happen!
Rebbecca Fennell
Originally Posted by GXAssassin
all i can say is i hope they fix all the dropout issue people are having, because of this i might forgo a second v7, sell my one and get 2 CDJ850's to use with traktor

try turning off your wireless card, i had that problem and the moment i turned off my wifi and bluetooth - hiccup free. making your laptop a dual boot goes a long way towards improving the performance.
Laurette Deleonardo
Julissa Serrone
Hey man it is what it is....but really I tell those guys that because I truly enjoy the software and wish Serato did a better job to market it and evolve it. The NI markerting machine is miles ahead.

Yeah I saw the vids posted of Joachim G. doing video with SSL and that would be a sick show to rock with an Itch controller. Hopefully the Beta will go smooth.
Makkins Clifton
Originally Posted by haze324
hahahaha!!!

That was probably not the wisest idea

I've got a NS7 and VCI 300 and love both big times.

Video Itch would be a cool thing.
Julissa Serrone
dmg or it didnt happen!
hahahaha!!!

I've got my S4 and I still much prefer to jump on the NS7 and play "for real". Just not enough features to really compete. Hoping 2.0 briges that gap enough.

I had a 300 for a while and that was a fun portable, plug and play unit. No frills, just good times and easy to use.

sooooooo, dmg or didn't happen!
Makkins Clifton
I believe so as well.

Tell me if you got one and I'll get you in touch!
Cristian Carmona
i know, im just messing with you. I need to get a vci-300 asap. Im sure the Serato guys would love to have me on the beta team.
Makkins Clifton
Cristian Carmona
dmg or it didnt happen!
Makkins Clifton
Anabel Fogleman
That's great news if the beta of Itch 2.0 will be available in a few weeks!

I've been a fan of Itch since getting my A&H DX, OK it's not quite SSL but then the future looks great with 2.0 round the corner.

Itch is very stable, and does what it does very well. Ok it doesn't have the bells & whistles of Traktor2. But i believe it'll be getting close with add-ons such as the bridge & video.

I just hope they give the option of midi mapping in Itch 2.0 like they did in SSL, now that would make my day!!
Makkins Clifton
I'm excited to see Itch 2 as well.

It doesn't have much to do with vaporware when Serato wants to test their products thoroughly. Beta-Testing for Itch 2 is actually starting within a week or two.
Miloje Savic
personally I've been eye-balling itch for a while... I have played with the ns7 and loved it... the ns6 looks sick... the vci 300 another nice peace of kit.... the v7 another nice peace of gear.. n itch is stable as hell.... just like SL... then Itch 2.0 popped out on videos n god damn.... it looks.. nice.. I'm believeing by july all hell is gonna break loose with this release.. haha... the down side of this... is are they gonna bring out midi controllers to use other features.. or are we gonna be able to map it on any controller of our choosing.. like SL...
Rebbecca Fennell
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
And just a point of information, July is the beginning of Q3
ha on the nose man
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by xtianw
whats stupid about this, is that the novation controller will get most of those features, 3 months ahead of everyone else as a minimum because of an exclusive agreement (i mean, the twitch comes out in july, everyone else waits until q3).
I know this is a reply to a month old post, but anyway...

Apparently it's not guaranteed that the twitch will have itch 2.0 from day 1. Obviously there'll be the free download, but I'm pretty sure it's not getting any of the new features before anyone else.

And just a point of information, July is the beginning of Q3
Rebbecca Fennell
I believe the majority of the complaints about itch are just consumerist dribble.
That being said I believe its great that the gap between ssl and itch is finally going to be closed. Use my v7s for stuff where I have to bring my own gear , and a sl box for places with their own installation.
Homer Selgado
a drifter like my ae-86?

Exactly
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by exokinetic
And the Japanese underground drifter would lament about the precise steering needed to accomplish such a task...

...much akin to the precise control of traktor that the user has?

a drifter like my ae-86?
Homer Selgado
They way i see itch and lets say a vci-300. Its for Club djs that need a compact controller that have everything setup in Serato Scratch Live. I play on DVS 100% and use dicers or a x1. but when I have a small gig to goto I always wish I had a all in 1 controller that was as stable as SSL.

Ived used Traktor for almost a decaded and I felt they lost me at a certain point where all I wanted was the basics to work and then add something nice on top.

The way I see it now is Serato is like a American Muscle Car and Traktor is like a Japanese Import. They both look nice, sound great, but nothing beats driving manual muscle car and beatmatching the oldschool way.
And the Japanese underground drifter would lament about the precise steering needed to accomplish such a task...

...much akin to the precise control of traktor that the user has?

Cristian Carmona
They way i see itch and lets say a vci-300. Its for Club djs that need a compact controller that have everything setup in Serato Scratch Live. I play on DVS 100% and use dicers or a x1. but when I have a small gig to goto I always wish I had a all in 1 controller that was as stable as SSL.

Ived used Traktor for almost a decaded and I felt they lost me at a certain point where all I wanted was the basics to work and then add something nice on top.

The way I see it now is Serato is like a American Muscle Car and Traktor is like a Japanese Import. They both look nice, sound great, but nothing beats driving manual muscle car and beatmatching the oldschool way.
Julissa Serrone
^ i hear ya, but why use the other ones?

The one downfall of Itch (as it is right now) and why I dig Traktor is that with Itch you are stuck with the controller you have. With TSP, I can use a VCI-100, S4, X1 and house mixer, CDJ's and house mixer, 1200's, etc. all on the same software. I can even use an X1 and soundcard.

With Itch you got what you got and can not use a traditional set up. For that you need SSL. Itch 2.0 looks promising for some dope future advancements though. I'm pulling for them.
Cristian Carmona
another thing that makes the SSL king is all your playlist from SSL and Itch are mirrored. So you dont have to waste time importing stuff and having 3 different version of traktor installed like me...TSP, TS4, TSP2 and eachtime it was a evening mare with my grids and play list.
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by exokinetic

If it remains a stock mapping only type deal, I believe that will limit its popularity.
That's actually what the product model is based around. If you are used to using CDJ's and mixer or the case of the NS7 two 1200's and mixer -- you can jump on itch with zero need to map anything and just play. The simpleness of it's use is one of its main selling points.

I believe though, as they start to add features like the SP-6 they are going to have to open up the midi functions somehow, but I don't believe they'll go the route of Traktor.
Julissa Serrone
^ that would be sweet ---- but they still dont have the right hardware support. The Novation Twitch is a good sign they are starting to believe outside the box from a streamlined conventional controller set up. The real deal will be when The Bridge comes and video. I believe Serato users are more likey to use ableton with a controller than with two 1200's.

Although the controllers are pretty sweet they are all mid grade controllers --- not in the league of a Xone 4D or the abiliity to use two X1's and a DB:4.

I'm a huge Itch fan, the library management and the gridding system is awesome. We'll see soon. I'm believeing a Beta will be coming in June around the time the NS6 drops.
Leeanna Ayla
I will say I'm intrigued by that Novation controller.
Homer Selgado
I believe its going to come down to the mapping editor functionality.

If it comes close to emulating the amazing customization possible in Traktor, I believe it will be a serious competitor for the controller crowd...

If it remains a stock mapping only type deal, I believe that will limit its popularity.
Cristian Carmona
I jumped ship and went 100% Serato SSL for my club gigs, and im looking and selling my Ean Golden VCI-100 to fund the purchase of VCI-300 MK2. Itch 2.0 IMO is going to be the new SSL 2.3 that has internal/external mixing options like TSP.
Molly Brehl
I still believe that traktor is a better software, but itch seems to have better controllers, save the s4 witch is pretty decent. Right now im torn between these two softwares. I guess we will just half to wait and see how ITCH 2.0 compares to other softwares.
Lula Falconburg
I believe the controllers will bring in more users than the software.
Lang Abriel
Haha thats why I was a little bit confused...the twitch will obviously have a new version of the software and it will have the slicer which seems to be a huge draw because its basically ableton style chopping a much simpler layout.

So the itch 2.0 will or won't have slicer? seems like very few controllers could run it unless they are set up exactly like the itch...ie 8/12 pads..
Candace Carmouche
its vaporware. announced for q3. maybe....

this would maybe have made a difference if it had released this week, with that feature set. but all this time, and its still q3 before they get the feature list everyone believes they should have had a year ago?

sorry, but this isnt going to make a lick of difference for them. whats stupid about this, is that the novation controller will get most of those features, 3 months ahead of everyone else as a minimum because of an exclusive agreement (i mean, the twitch comes out in july, everyone else waits until q3).

the whole thing is stupid. theyd be better off just selling the software already instead of that arcane, dj controller as a dongle business model.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy