VCI-300 Sound Problem with ITCH

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: VCI-300 Sound Problem with ITCHReply
VCI-300 Sound Problem with ITCH
Posted on: 11.05.2011 by Jonnie Redoble
I just bought a VCI-300, and I am having a few problems. Well, one big problem actually. I've gone through a bunch of threads, and can't find a solution. The problem is that I have no audio coming out of my computers speakers when I'm in PC mode (in Serato ITCH).But as soon as I turn the VCI off, it turns into the "simple" ITCH mode, and I can hear the song fine. It's only when I have full control of the software that I can't hear it. I can hear it when I plug in directly into my amplifier, but there is no sound coming out of the PC. I have an M-Audio fast track pro, but that should not be the problem. I reinstalled everything to do with both of them, and still, nothing. I'm running OSX 10.6.7. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by max2584
So in that case, I just have to plug the controller directly into the external card.
EDIT: Got in too late on this one!

no, you need to plug the controller directly into your amp/speakers. The Fast track Pro will have nothing to do with it. You want to be using the VCI's built in sound card.

Sorry if I misunderstood.
Spencer Kilcoyne
So in that case, I just have to plug the controller directly into the external card. No chance on just having the sound come out of the computer I guess. Seems odd, but I'll just have to live with it. thanks for all the help guys.
tbh it ain't that odd. The soundcard in the itch is designed to playout high quality two channel audio at low latency the one on your laptop isn't ... if you've got the itch unit plugged in, why would you want to use the laptop speakers?
Jonnie Redoble
I just bought a VCI-300, and I am having a few problems. Well, one big problem actually. I've gone through a bunch of threads, and can't find a solution. The problem is that I have no audio coming out of my computers speakers when I'm in PC mode (in Serato ITCH).But as soon as I turn the VCI off, it turns into the "simple" ITCH mode, and I can hear the song fine. It's only when I have full control of the software that I can't hear it. I can hear it when I plug in directly into my amplifier, but there is no sound coming out of the PC. I have an M-Audio fast track pro, but that should not be the problem. I reinstalled everything to do with both of them, and still, nothing. I'm running OSX 10.6.7. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
Jonnie Redoble
Yeah, I understand how running a sound card to a sound card would seem like a dumb idea, but it gives me the option to reroute it and use effects on the decks using live or other software. This delays the spending of a $250 vfx-1 for the time being.
Janyce Henningson
Soundcard into a soundcard ftw
Julissa Serrone
^ this. Just plug speakers into the VCI. It has a sound card.
Tatum Ansaldo
So in that case, I just have to plug the controller directly into the external card.
EDIT: Got in too late on this one!

no, you need to plug the controller directly into your amp/speakers. The Fast track Pro will have nothing to do with it. You want to be using the VCI's built in sound card.

Sorry if I misunderstood.
Jonnie Redoble
No doubt. All hooked up now. Running it through the TS master jack inputs on the M-Audio Card. Works like a charm. Thanks again for the input.
Spencer Kilcoyne
So in that case, I just have to plug the controller directly into the external card. No chance on just having the sound come out of the computer I guess. Seems odd, but I'll just have to live with it. thanks for all the help guys.
tbh it ain't that odd. The soundcard in the itch is designed to playout high quality two channel audio at low latency the one on your laptop isn't ... if you've got the itch unit plugged in, why would you want to use the laptop speakers?
Jonnie Redoble
Karolis Petrauskas
^^ what my buddy haze said ^^

Once you plug it in your in full mode which actiavtes the vci's soundcard. Maybe a solution is some small powered pc speakers. Either that or use headphones and turn the knob to hear the mix rather than the cue.
Julissa Serrone
you won't hear it out of your computer if you have the VCI plugged in. The VCI "activates" the full program and requires the sound to come out of the VCI sound card. You can not use another soundcard to push the full version of Itch.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy