Help Save the Tour with Serato Help!!!

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Help Save the Tour with Serato Help!!!Reply
Help Save the Tour with Serato Help!!!
Posted on: 03.07.2011 by Lorene Boehler
Hi, I'm DJ Tittsworth's personal intern and while he's on Tour now ( http://www.tittsworth.com/calendar/ ) he has emailed me with an issue with Serato that we desperately need to fix. Apparently right after he upgraded to the 2.2 software, the software has been crashing on him mid-set during his gigs.

"well, i am on 2.2 now and that's the second city in a row where it
just went DEAD mid set. i had to reset the application. luckily i
dont freeze up as easily. i guess it coulda been a bad connection or
some shit but honestly, it's the first time it's ever happened and it
was RIGHT after i upgraded so that i could get a SL4 box to work.
what's the latest most stable version that works w/ SL4? are there
known issues on serato's community w/ 2.2 freezing? also i believe i was
using SL2 on 2.2 when it hapepned. thx my dude"

Is there any way he can still use the SL4 box with a previous version of the software? And if so, how would you go about doing so? I'm a Traktor person, so I'm not familiar with that software. If you can help out in any way it would be much appreciated, and might possibly save the tour!
Loralee Erban
Originally Posted by JelaniRobot
Hi, I'm DJ Tittsworth's personal intern and while he's on Tour now ( http://www.tittsworth.com/calendar/ ) he has emailed me with an issue with Serato that we desperately need to fix. Apparently right after he upgraded to the 2.2 software, the software has been crashing on him mid-set during his gigs.

Is there any way he can still use the SL4 box with a previous version of the software? And if so, how would you go about doing so? I'm a Traktor person, so I'm not familiar with that software. If you can help out in any way it would be much appreciated, and might possibly save the tour!

I love the fact his intern is getting paid for you guys to figure out the problem for him hahah what a joke....
Elba Kipp
Originally Posted by photojojo
Do that and ask me if you'd enjoy being banned.
God your lame, you can't threaten someone who doesn't care.

But i i geuss i should do as the T-shirts say and not mess with Texas.
(its not nice to pick on retards)
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by MrM
...... so ask me if I care if you'd enjoy an exemplary extravagant exhibition of expletives.
Marguerite Salsedo
Originally Posted by SirReal
Shouldn't that be "I absolutely adore alliteration"?
touch
Antonetta Wikel
Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane
I fucking LOVE alliteration!

Marguerite Salsedo
Originally Posted by MrM
so ask me if I care if you'd enjoy an exemplary extravagant exhibition of expletives.
I absolutely ADORE alliteration!

Len Lukawski
Originally Posted by MrM
...... so ask me if I care if you'd enjoy an exemplary extravagant exhibition of expletives.
Shhhh! Listen...... That's the sound of your mum coming up the stairs to take away your keyboard.

You need to eat more parsnips.
Elba Kipp
Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
Yes you do MrM, if you want to post here you should follow the community s rules and being needlessly rude to other members doesn't really fly here.
I post here once in a blue moon, and actually most of the time its for serato help that goes unanswered..
Nick Ross
WHAA?!?!?! Serato can crash mid-set?! You don't say!

Just my little .02 that NOTHING is stable and 100% foolproof. Glad to hear you figured out your problem Jelani.
Cristian Carmona
thats good that you got this resolved. I have corrupt mp3s in my folder and play them at gigs, i haven't ran into problems, TBH i believe the sl-4 was having driver issues with the i series macbook pro running on SSL 2.2.
Lorene Boehler
We found the solution after contacting Rane. With the newest version of Serato you must delete all the corrupt files in your collection. Perviously, you could have corrupt files and it wouldn't be an issue unless you loaded the tracks. The newest version does an auto analyzation of all the tracks in the background, so when it gets to the corrupt files it goes sour.
Arletha Hoage
There is alot of hostility in this post based on he's a PA. How many in here wouldn't hook someone up with a job helping you out if you could afford it? Anyways back to the issue. I had a similar kind of issue with a sl3 and I reinstalled the drivers and it hasn't froze since.
Venetta Cawyer
I'll figure out all your issues if you ship me an exact copy of his setup. I'l even fix it for an hourly charge of $0.01. You just gotta ship me the gear.
Loralee Erban
Originally Posted by JelaniRobot

I love the fact his intern is getting paid for you guys to figure out the problem for him hahah what a joke....
Leeanna Ayla
wow, how did you get to 59 posts with all this built up hostility inside you?

Forced 10 day break issued.
Elba Kipp
Originally Posted by photojojo
God your lame, you can't threaten someone who doesn't care.

But i i geuss i should do as the T-shirts say and not mess with Texas.
(its not nice to pick on retards)
Len Lukawski
Commeth the hour, commeth the hammer.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by MrM
Ok Moroski
Also, if he's not already make sure he has his wifi and bluetooth turned off and does a fresh restart of his computer before his sets. This could also be an SL4 driver issue, so he may want to look into seeing if an earlier driver might be more stable. I'm sure the Serato community has more info on this - unfortunately I only have an SL3.
Marguerite Salsedo
Originally Posted by SirReal
touch
Antonetta Wikel
Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane
I fucking LOVE alliteration!

Marguerite Salsedo
Originally Posted by MrM
so ask me if I care if you'd enjoy an exemplary extravagant exhibition of expletives.
I absolutely ADORE alliteration!

Len Lukawski
Just make sure he gets his parsnips too.
Lorene Boehler
Thanks all for the Help, I have emailed Rane about the issue and I will tell Tittsworth about all the solutions you all came up with. He does a lot of things in a day, so sometimes the obvious is not so obvious to us.
Len Lukawski
Originally Posted by MrM
Shhhh! Listen...... That's the sound of your mum coming up the stairs to take away your keyboard.

You need to eat more parsnips.
Antonetta Wikel
I'm a bit confused, first you post this
"This is like the WORST place ever to ask for serato help."

Then you post this
"I post here once in a blue moon, and actually most of the time its for serato help"

I believe the only thing you've said that I believe is...

"This is totally an I want attention post."

but in regards to yourself.

Somebody is asking for help, people here are trying to help them as best they can and you're just dropping negativity to what end? And before you answer with another pompous ass quip you should know that that last question was completely rhetorical.
Elba Kipp
Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
Yes you do MrM, if you want to post here you should follow the community s rules and being needlessly rude to other members doesn't really fly here.
I post here once in a blue moon, and actually most of the time its for serato help that goes unanswered..
Kiyoko Wellisch
Elba Kipp
Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms
Um, yeah. Thanks for that. Helpful ...
I dont have to be nice to any man servant.
Spencer Kilcoyne
Originally Posted by MrM
This is like the WORST place ever to ask for serato help.

This is totally an I want attention post.

90% chance he doesnt have the newest OSX version.
Which makes him a complete unprofessional tool.
Um, yeah. Thanks for that. Helpful ...
Julissa Serrone
re-reading this. There is a separate version of SSL 2.2 for the SL2 and you need to have OSX 10.6.8 for it to run well. And that update was released about a week ago.
Miloje Savic
yeah talk to somebody on serato.. though cuz of the holidays don't know how fast they will be there for an answer... be patient though they are fast at getting back to you on stuff... I have an sl3 but I don't believe its serato... maybe the osx upgrade.. but don't really know... good luck man be patient..
Elba Kipp
This is like the WORST place ever to ask for serato help.

This is totally an I want attention post.

90% chance he doesnt have the newest OSX version.
Which makes him a complete unprofessional tool.
Barton Rigazio
Originally Posted by DJ Nada
This might be a long shot, but maybe try a clean power supply? My laptop doesn't like being plugged in/unplugged or share maxed out circuits while Serato is running.
This. I'm not a tech guy but there could be a problem with the voltages bc he is touring in different countries. Not sure if this is your problem but, Europe and Asia run at 240volts and US and the Americas run at 120volts. Even with your laptop plugged into the proper converter, you could still unknowingly be running your laptop TWICE as much as it's meant to. This happened to me while I was on vacation in India. I thought everything was good bc I had the proper converter, but I was maxing out the circuits every single time the laptop was plugged in, eventually causing the laptop to be dependent on the charger.

Just thought I'd share! I'm probably way off tho! Gluck!
Adrien Hochstrasser
Homie is on tour, has a personal assistant, and doesn't know how to fix a technical problem like this? Some people don't deserve fame... Tell you what, I'm available for "consulting" on this problem at a somewhat reasonable price

Ok, seriously, there's probably an issue with either excessive heat on the computer/SL4 box, or his processor load is too high. Are other programs running along with Serato? If it's a PC there are computer optimizations that can be done to make the computer run smoothly, try search, it's somewhere around here.
This might be a long shot, but maybe try a clean power supply? My laptop doesn't like being plugged in/unplugged or share maxed out circuits while Serato is running.
Julissa Serrone
Why not chichi the serato community . Chances are he needs to update to the latest OSX update.
Leeanna Ayla
Did you post this on the Serato community ? We have a few Serato users on here, but I'm not sure how many SL4 users. It would probably be good to post up his computer specs as well.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy