Laptop/USB hub advice

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Laptop/USB hub adviceReply
Laptop/USB hub advice
Posted on: 27.10.2011 by Ladonna Schlender
Hi folks,

I have a pretty good feeling that my Mrs is going to get me a MacBook Pro for my upcoming 50th birthday

I am using a DJM800 and 2 CDJ 400's but want to go over to using them with Serato.

I'm believeing of a 17" as it has 3 USB ports. I presume this would enable me to use it without a hub or would it?

Are the USB ports able to cope?

On the other hand, it would be a lot cheaper to buy a 15" and a powered hub.

Remembering that I'm in the UK, can anybody recommend a powered hub that definitely works? Preferably someone that uses a similar set up?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice offered
Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

I've read those articles and I'm fairly sure that a powered hub is what I need to be safe.

I've asked this question in several places and have yet to find anyone who can recommend a solid USB hub that definitely works and can be bought in the UK.

From what I can gather, some do and some don't.

Before I, or my Mrs, forks out over
Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

I've read those articles and I'm fairly sure that a powered hub is what I need to be safe.

I've asked this question in several places and have yet to find anyone who can recommend a solid USB hub that definitely works and can be bought in the UK.

Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

Ladonna Schlender
Hi folks,

I have a pretty good feeling that my Mrs is going to get me a MacBook Pro for my upcoming 50th birthday

I am using a DJM800 and 2 CDJ 400's but want to go over to using them with Serato.

I'm believeing of a 17" as it has 3 USB ports. I presume this would enable me to use it without a hub or would it?

Are the USB ports able to cope?

On the other hand, it would be a lot cheaper to buy a 15" and a powered hub.

Remembering that I'm in the UK, can anybody recommend a powered hub that definitely works? Preferably someone that uses a similar set up?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice offered
Ladonna Schlender
Thanks for the suggestion photojojo

Anyone else got any suggestions?
Leeanna Ayla
This is the thread you seek.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...irmed+multi+TT

As far as recommendations I use the Belkin F4U017 with no problems. I've had as much as two X1's an APC 40, and a midi fighter all connected through it and it worked fine on a 15" 2.53 ghz MBP with 4 gigs RAM. My soundcard and the hub take up my two available ports.
Ladonna Schlender
59 views and one reply?

Thanks Onimode

Kayce Mesia
http://www.djranking s.com/2010/07/1...rt-inequality/
http://www.djranking s.com/2010/01/2...ub-dj-hi-spee/

The first article is rather old, and Apple has updated their MBPs since then. Your DJM-800 + two CDJ-400s setup should work fine on a 17" MBP. The second article has some information regarding USB hubs you might find useful. Are you set on buying a powered one, or are you considering non-powered as well? I don't believe your setup would be very bus-power-demanding, since the units are already powered.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy