Can you map loop triggers onto the keyboard?

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Can you map loop triggers onto the keyboard?Reply
Can you map loop triggers onto the keyboard?
Posted on: 08.11.2011 by Takisha Hodulik
I'll be using Scratch Live and CDJs fr a few upcoming gigs. I have used it several times and have no worries when using it. However, I do have one question:

Is it possible to map the loop feature onto keys? If so how do I do so correctly (i.e. say I want to trigger an 8 count loop on the left deck to "A").

Thanks!
Takisha Hodulik
Originally Posted by Konix
Make sure you're in Relative or Internal mode, cue points don't work in Absolute mode. Secondly, make sure you have the "playback keys use shift" option unchecked in the setup menu, otherwise you have to hold shift + press whatever keyboard shortcut you're trying to do (in your case Shift+1 to trigger the first cue point on the left deck). Uncheck the option and you'll just have to press your "1" key to trigger the cue point.
thanks man! works perfectly now.

one more question, is it possible to sync crates made in traktor onto serato and vice versa?
Takisha Hodulik
I'll be using Scratch Live and CDJs fr a few upcoming gigs. I have used it several times and have no worries when using it. However, I do have one question:

Is it possible to map the loop feature onto keys? If so how do I do so correctly (i.e. say I want to trigger an 8 count loop on the left deck to "A").

Thanks!
Takisha Hodulik
Originally Posted by Konix
Make sure you're in Relative or Internal mode, cue points don't work in Absolute mode. Secondly, make sure you have the "playback keys use shift" option unchecked in the setup menu, otherwise you have to hold shift + press whatever keyboard shortcut you're trying to do (in your case Shift+1 to trigger the first cue point on the left deck). Uncheck the option and you'll just have to press your "1" key to trigger the cue point.
thanks man! works perfectly now.

one more question, is it possible to sync crates made in traktor onto serato and vice versa?
Jacquie Whipp
Takisha Hodulik
Thanks for the reply! What about hitting cues? I was under the impression that you could, say, hit 1 to activate the first cue on the left deck, but it does not seem to work for me.
Jacquie Whipp
No, Scratch Live's keyboard shortcuts are hardcoded into the software and cannot be changed or remapped. The keyboard shortcuts for looping are Alt+1-5 for the left deck and Alt+6-0 for the right deck. For loop rolls use Ctrl+Alt+number.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy