Using Different control vinyls with SSL

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Using Different control vinyls with SSLReply
Using Different control vinyls with SSL
Posted on: 14.11.2011 by Nakita Kenoyer
Hello,

Do any of you SSL users use anything but the Serato TCVs? I ask because I heard good things about the Numark vinyls, that they were better quality and tracked better, etc.

So I got one, just to check it out. And I used it with Serato.

First thing I noticed was that it put out a stronger signal in the scope. But was reading at 0%. No big deal though because the music was playing.

However, I did notice that with a numark vinyl on one deck and a serato vinyl on the other deck, the numark was playing music about 3bpm faster than the serato vinyl.

Also, I tried to scratch with the Numark but it was impossible, because the Numark record actually fit tighter on the nipple of the turntable, whereas serato vinyls fit super loose on the nipple and are easy to scratch with, but take forever to start when turning on the motor because they slip so easily.

So, Does anyone else find using other TCVs actually works better with Serato? Or is it just common knowledge to never use anything but Serato vinyls with Serato?
Nakita Kenoyer
Hello,

Do any of you SSL users use anything but the Serato TCVs? I ask because I heard good things about the Numark vinyls, that they were better quality and tracked better, etc.

So I got one, just to check it out. And I used it with Serato.

First thing I noticed was that it put out a stronger signal in the scope. But was reading at 0%. No big deal though because the music was playing.

However, I did notice that with a numark vinyl on one deck and a serato vinyl on the other deck, the numark was playing music about 3bpm faster than the serato vinyl.

Also, I tried to scratch with the Numark but it was impossible, because the Numark record actually fit tighter on the nipple of the turntable, whereas serato vinyls fit super loose on the nipple and are easy to scratch with, but take forever to start when turning on the motor because they slip so easily.

So, Does anyone else find using other TCVs actually works better with Serato? Or is it just common knowledge to never use anything but Serato vinyls with Serato?
Ninfa Larranaga
^ agreed
Cristian Carmona
the numark tc would work but you computer will struggle. I suggest to use the OG timecodes. Even the bootleg timecodes run into problems.
Francene Klimmek
@op I ve only gone the other way round i.e Serato time codes to control vdj. I didn't really like it though, latency was an issue.
Ninfa Larranaga
i dont believe u can use numark vinyls with SSL. the only other ones besides the Serato ones are the timecodevinylweb ones that u can use

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy