10" Mixer case that fits SL1 box?

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: 10" Mixer case that fits SL1 box?Reply
10" Mixer case that fits SL1 box?
Posted on: 05.12.2011 by Geraldo Priser
Hello
I have a 10" technics SH-DJ1200 mixer.
And a serato box version 1 (the first, big one).
I'm trying to find a mixer case where the serato box will hide in the well.

Does anyone have this case, with serato hidden inside?
Odyssey Black Label Universal 10" Mixer Case (FZ10MIXBL)
http://www.turntablelab.com/dj_equip...547/68033.html

I would like the leave the serato box hooked up to the mixer when i transport it.

I'm also considering using a ground extender so that the grounds on the mixer are a little easier to access (I could mount these ground extensions to somewhere on the case with easy access). Any thoughts on that?

Ground extenders:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/1-5-METER-GRO...-/300537270165
Geraldo Priser
Originally Posted by Bassline Brine
I have a Rane TTM-56 and a Road Ready 10" mixer case.

Mixer Dimensions (WxHxD): 9 x 13 x 3" (22.86 x 33.02 x 7.62cm)

I could maybe fit it in if I had some lower profile RCA's, but it'd still be really tight. I know my friends Numark mixer is a little shorter, so that could potentially work. Right now I just need about an inch or a little more room to fit it all in.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to do that. My technics mixer is 12 1/64" high.
And you say you need an inch or more - so it sounds like it might be too tight. Maybe with some right angle short RCA plugs if I can find them.
Geraldo Priser
Hello
I have a 10" technics SH-DJ1200 mixer.
And a serato box version 1 (the first, big one).
I'm trying to find a mixer case where the serato box will hide in the well.

Does anyone have this case, with serato hidden inside?
Odyssey Black Label Universal 10" Mixer Case (FZ10MIXBL)
http://www.turntablelab.com/dj_equip...547/68033.html

I would like the leave the serato box hooked up to the mixer when i transport it.

I'm also considering using a ground extender so that the grounds on the mixer are a little easier to access (I could mount these ground extensions to somewhere on the case with easy access). Any thoughts on that?

Ground extenders:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/1-5-METER-GRO...-/300537270165
Geraldo Priser
Originally Posted by Bassline Brine

I could maybe fit it in if I had some lower profile RCA's, but it'd still be really tight. I know my friends Numark mixer is a little shorter, so that could potentially work. Right now I just need about an inch or a little more room to fit it all in.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to do that. My technics mixer is 12 1/64" high.
And you say you need an inch or more - so it sounds like it might be too tight. Maybe with some right angle short RCA plugs if I can find them.
Cristian Carmona
the only cases that Ive seen that to work in is the huge ata cases that hold the cdj/1200s & 10" or 12". another reason to get a 57 i say
Audrey Pinda
I tried, I couldn't do it with my current case/mixer setup.

And about the internal grounding? I don't know the first thing about it except that it exists, and seems like a good idea. The ground wires are def. a pain in the ass.

All and all though, it's pretty simple. I want to get a good laptop stand that has a spot for the Serato Box anyhow, so that's how I plan on keeping it. I unplug just the Serato Box/Cables to bring around with me anyhow (friends have tables) so having it really compact isn't my personal focus. I could see how it would be really helpful if you were moving your entire setup a lot however.
Geraldo Priser
I appreciate that! Thank you. I do know about the internal grounding thing - I guess I'm a little nervous to do such a thing on my babies (12 years rocking the same 1200's!). Are there risks or downsides?
The ground connector on my mixer is in a really bad place, below all the RCA wires, so hard to access in a case, that's why I'm trying to make the ground thing easier.
Audrey Pinda
Have you thought of internally grounding (I assume) your turntables? That might be a simpler solution.

Haven't tried stuffing my serato box into the box with the TTM-56 yet. I'll try it and let you know, I can't imagine the dimensions would be that off.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy