OK I'm new to serato, but renaming crates shouldn't be this hard?

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: OK I'm new to serato, but renaming crates shouldn't be this hard?Reply
OK I'm new to serato, but renaming crates shouldn't be this hard?
Posted on: 05.01.2012 by Spencer Kilcoyne
I feel like an utter tit for having to ask, but how on earth do you rename crates on Serato? I can't even seem to delete the damn things once I create them.

Though it was originally due to not having my SL1 box plugged in, but that wasn't it - I've tried right clicking for a context men, but it doens't seem to do anything

a little help ...
Spencer Kilcoyne
Originally Posted by Konix
Make sure you don't have the "Protect Library" option checked in the setup menu. If that option is checked, then you can't rename/edit/delete crates or tracks.

Also FYI, Scratch Live doesn't have any right click/contextual menus anywhere (except if you use the 57, but that's only for the hardware panel to reassign functions).
AHA!

I had it protected.

Cheers guys, problem solved.
Jacquie Whipp
Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms
I feel like an utter tit for having to ask, but how on earth do you rename crates on Serato? I can't even seem to delete the damn things once I create them.

Though it was originally due to not having my SL1 box plugged in, but that wasn't it - I've tried right clicking for a context men, but it doens't seem to do anything

a little help ...
Make sure you don't have the "Protect Library" option checked in the setup menu. If that option is checked, then you can't rename/edit/delete crates or tracks.

Also FYI, Scratch Live doesn't have any right click/contextual menus anywhere (except if you use the 57, but that's only for the hardware panel to reassign functions).
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by Nick Bike
double click to rename, ctrl/cmnd + delete to erase them
This.

Also, all crates are saved in your Music -> Serato folder. You can go back and replace them if you delete one by mistake. You can also delete, and remame them there as well.
Spencer Kilcoyne

a little help ...
Audrey Pinda
It's nice having that checked when you are actually mixing though, I've changed the names of some stuff a couple of times just trying to select tunes. Pain in the ass lol.
Spencer Kilcoyne
Originally Posted by Konix

AHA!

I had it protected.

Cheers guys, problem solved.
Jacquie Whipp
Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms

a little help ...

Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by Nick Bike
This.

Also, all crates are saved in your Music -> Serato folder. You can go back and replace them if you delete one by mistake. You can also delete, and remame them there as well.
Reed Kempisty
Betsy Orsillo
Hold control it believe .. Just like holding shift and ledt or right to load decks

Or go to setup and see if ur library is protected

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy