Ridiculous Request

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Ridiculous RequestReply
Ridiculous Request
Posted on: 12.01.2012 by Dorie Scelzo
Umm
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by icb
Yes it still does. Although I don't use Drop to cue point , I extensively use Drop to absolute position which is using best from both worlds (absolute AND relative).
Hmm
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by haze324
If you have a spare soundcard you can use any to route sound out from Ableton. I haven't tried it yet, but I have an SL2 and am believeing about using my Audio 2 to try it.
Can you? I assumed you had to route Ableton's audio through SSL and therefore one of the Rane interfaces.

That feature makes it actually useful. Like
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by icb
Yes it still does. Although I don't use Drop to cue point , I extensively use Drop to absolute position which is using best from both worlds (absolute AND relative).
Hmm
Dorie Scelzo
If you have a spare soundcard you can use any to route sound out from Ableton. I haven't tried it yet, but I have an SL2 and am believeing about using my Audio 2 to try it.
Can you? I assumed you had to route Ableton's audio through SSL and therefore one of the Rane interfaces.

Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by icb
Hmm
Dorie Scelzo

Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by icb
Hmm
Dorie Scelzo

Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by icb
Hmm
Dorie Scelzo

Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by icb
Hmm
Dorie Scelzo

Delila Vandommelen
Originally Posted by icb
I looked these two in the SSL online manual. Drop to absolute sounds pretty damn useful.
Sherry Nyblom
Originally Posted by mostapha
One more question:

Does SSL still have the needle drop to cue point feature based on the minute markers on the vinyl or did they drop that?

Does TSP have anything that compares?
Audrey Pinda
One more question:

Does SSL still have the needle drop to cue point feature based on the minute markers on the vinyl or did they drop that?

SSL does still have the needle drop to cue point feature in relative mode. I haven't used it yet, but it's there :P (Just checked.)

You can check for some of the settings stuff as well since SSL is free to download. You can mess around with the settings a bit to check out little features. I did that for a bit before getting SSL. Also because I could just bring my laptop and hook into my buddy's setup easily as well. But it's worth downloading and digging into a bit if you're still on the cusp again of picking which one to go with :P
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by Bassline Brine
Honestly Mostapha, the GUI on Serato is what sold me as well. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Traktor and all of what it can do. But if you're going to be doing 2 turntables and an external mixer, I just like the way Serato operates.

I've also had a chance to mess with The Bridge. And it just fucking works. And that is amazing in and of itself. It really makes me want to get an APC 40 to add that control into my setup. But then I'd want an SL3 or SL4 so I could run The Bridge on the 3rd or 4th deck (it takes up one of the deck slots).

But really, the GUI is smooth.
Dorie Scelzo
Umm
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by icb
Hmm
Dorie Scelzo

Delila Vandommelen
Originally Posted by icb
I looked these two in the SSL online manual. Drop to absolute sounds pretty damn useful.
Sherry Nyblom
One more question:

Audrey Pinda
One more question:

SSL does still have the needle drop to cue point feature in relative mode. I haven't used it yet, but it's there :P (Just checked.)

You can check for some of the settings stuff as well since SSL is free to download. You can mess around with the settings a bit to check out little features. I did that for a bit before getting SSL. Also because I could just bring my laptop and hook into my buddy's setup easily as well. But it's worth downloading and digging into a bit if you're still on the cusp again of picking which one to go with :P
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by Bassline Brine
Honestly Mostapha, the GUI on Serato is what sold me as well. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Traktor and all of what it can do. But if you're going to be doing 2 turntables and an external mixer, I just like the way Serato operates.

I've also had a chance to mess with The Bridge. And it just fucking works. And that is amazing in and of itself. It really makes me want to get an APC 40 to add that control into my setup. But then I'd want an SL3 or SL4 so I could run The Bridge on the 3rd or 4th deck (it takes up one of the deck slots).

Dorie Scelzo
One more question:

Dorie Scelzo
I'm also interested in how ATC behaves when Maschine is hosted in Live. Syncing it to traktor won't work for what I want to do, since it basically requires beat grids. I'm sold on ATC working perfectly, but I'm not sure how maschine follows live's transport (I know it follows tempo).
Sherry Nyblom
Indeed. Still prefer Serato's GUI then the one of Traktor and by a mile.
Audrey Pinda

Jacquie Whipp
Yes, this is all in the current 2.3.3 version. To be honest, I can't tell you the last version vinyl scrolling in grid album art worked correctly, as I only have an SL2/SL4 and 68. Those devices only work with 2.2.2 and higher. So I can't test anything lower than 2.2.2. But it's been broken since at least 2.2.2. I've already reported the bug, so hopefully it will be fixed in the next version.

Also note, these were all taken on a 13" Macbook Pro (1280x800). If you have a bigger screen/higher resolution, some things will look different (bigger, smaller, wider, etc.).
Dorie Scelzo
Konix, you're awesome. Thanks. That was what I needed to see. If I meet you in person, I'll buy you a beer.

In case anyone's wondering, my opinion is that SSL's UI wins. I still haven't completely decided yet, but I'm leaning towards SSL for the 3rd time.

Do you know when the last time vinyl scroll worked properly was? And is that the current version?
Roxie Seldal
^Nice. Didn't know we can do that with SSl, should play with the settings more.
Jacquie Whipp
Library view

Classic Vertical

Classic Horizontal

Two deck stacked - collapsed

Two deck stacked - expanded

Video of vinyl scroll with album art... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16521858/vinylscrollart.mov . Note you can adjust the scroll speed faster or slower to your liking, this was at about 3/4 fast. Also, seems you indirectly found a bug! As you will see in the the video, in the grid album art modes, it's not going through songs left/right, seems to go only up/down in the column. Should go left/right through the songs. Will report this bug.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy