Dennon DN-HC1000 Serato Controller

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Dennon DN-HC1000 Serato ControllerReply
Dennon DN-HC1000 Serato Controller
Posted on: 11.11.2011 by Tari Jeangilles
Anyone here have any feedback on this controller?

My laptop keyboard does not have the option to light up so it's hard to see the keys. Looks like the shortcuts on this Dennon controller would make it much easier.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/DN-HC1000-Serato-Scratch-Live-Controller/dp/tech-data/B002KYHFF2/ref=de_a_smtd"]Amazon.com: DN-HC1000 Serato Scratch Live Sub Controller: MP3 Players & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41vCACvSkIL.@@AMEPARAM@@41vCACvSkIL[/ame]
Vernie Beharry
Originally Posted by eataskdotcom
What kind of self respecting southern Californian says "hella" haha
Someone who has TONS of family and friends in NorCal. . .The Bay. . .but yeah, I get dinged on by my SoCal friends as well! LOL
Mellisa Calenda
Originally Posted by DjWindzOne
Now THAT'S hella neat. . .gotta try that one!
Tari Jeangilles
Originally Posted by HighTopFade
It's about 10" wide. I place it on my LStand below my laptop. I bought mine new for 169 shipped and find it worth it. At half the cost is a steal. Although I have the option to use the controls on the 57SL, I prefer using the HC1000S.
Sounds great! I didn't jump on that used sale but got another deal to look at later.
Tari Jeangilles
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Can you guys get me dimentions on this?
Wondering if it can set on between my turntable flight cases just above my 10" mixer?

Buy it. It's built nicely and works well.
Originally Posted by CaseJones
I own it and love it.Very easy to use
Some great reviews/tutorials on You Tube too! I really like it.
Would it be worth buying a used one for less than 1/2 the price?
Seller states only used a few times.
Originally Posted by JesC
i have one, used it a couple of times, just sits on my desk now that i use dicers and 57
Because the 57 has controll features to replace the Denon?
I would love to have the Dicers as well for that quick access.
Denon Controller/Dicers good combo to have or am i just doubleling up on the main features?

And are you selling yours?

Thanks again everyone for the help, I really appreciate it!
Tari Jeangilles
Anyone here have any feedback on this controller?

My laptop keyboard does not have the option to light up so it's hard to see the keys. Looks like the shortcuts on this Dennon controller would make it much easier.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/DN-HC1000-Serato-Scratch-Live-Controller/dp/tech-data/B002KYHFF2/ref=de_a_smtd"]Amazon.com: DN-HC1000 Serato Scratch Live Sub Controller: MP3 Players & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41vCACvSkIL.@@AMEPARAM@@41vCACvSkIL[/ame]
Vernie Beharry
Originally Posted by eataskdotcom
Someone who has TONS of family and friends in NorCal. . .The Bay. . .but yeah, I get dinged on by my SoCal friends as well! LOL
Sharri Kenimer
Bought mine as soon as they came out, that little unit goes with me on all my gigs, ie most weekends.
Also have the Dicers setup at home on the tech 1210's with my Sixty Eight mixer.
The Dicers buttons are very responsive, but the HC1000 has a lot more functions.
A VERY solid unit, You won't regret it.
Tari Jeangilles
Got cash from new years eve party.. Buying it any day now. Let's see what my local dj spot can do for me.
Vernie Beharry
@ BoomBapDj
Check American Musical, or GC. . .It really doesn't cost that much than an X1. . .But NAMM may have some available. . .I'm not too sure because NAMM isn't open to the public.
Tari Jeangilles
Haven't bought it yet. Anyone know if I can buy this at the NAMM show?
Mellisa Calenda
Originally Posted by DjWindzOne
Vernie Beharry
It's hefty. MUCH heavier that I thought. If you plan on using it with your setup, make sure it; 1) doesn't slide outta place, 2) doesn't interfere with anything else (the placement of the USB connector gets in the way of my own set-up). I've found the best placement for me is on the palm rests of the laptop. It'll get heavy, depending on the laptop stand you use, and I use a L-Stand M from Odyssey.

But it is well worth the money. There's an extra midi "layer" for custom layouts.

Found this pic on the net, check out the stand. Pretty cool.
Tari Jeangilles
Found this pic on the net, check out the stand. Pretty cool.

Tari Jeangilles
It's about 10" wide. I place it on my LStand below my laptop. I bought mine new for 169 shipped and find it worth it. At half the cost is a steal. Although I have the option to use the controls on the 57SL, I prefer using the HC1000S.
Sounds great! I didn't jump on that used sale but got another deal to look at later.
Rena Estabrook
Tari Jeangilles
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Can you guys get me dimentions on this?
Wondering if it can set on between my turntable flight cases just above my 10" mixer?

Originally Posted by CaseJones
Some great reviews/tutorials on You Tube too! I really like it.
Would it be worth buying a used one for less than 1/2 the price?
Seller states only used a few times.
Originally Posted by JesC
i have one, used it a couple of times, just sits on my desk now that i use dicers and 57
Because the 57 has controll features to replace the Denon?
I would love to have the Dicers as well for that quick access.
Denon Controller/Dicers good combo to have or am i just doubleling up on the main features?

And are you selling yours?

Thanks again everyone for the help, I really appreciate it!
Cristian Carmona
Hollie Slaight
Rena Estabrook

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy