serato restarts my laptop

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: serato restarts my laptopReply
serato restarts my laptop
Posted on: 18.01.2012 by Golden Faubert
hi guys, a bit of an odd one that no-one seems to of heard of over at the serato community s, i dont yet have a serato interface as i currently run tsp2, but im switching over in the next few weeks and thought i'd get ahead and organise playlists etc so that im prepared.

the problem im having is every so often, serato will shut down and restart my laptop? its completely random, doesnt matter if im analysing a track, playing a track or doing absolutely nothing it doesnt even do it at regular intervals.

has anyone heard of this and / or know what the problem is, i want to switch over but cant afford to have stability issues.

any help much appreciated.
Golden Faubert
Originally Posted by Garygary1
If all else fails, it wouldn't hurt to uninstall it and try a different version...
thats what i was believeing, im not too fussed about the fx as i only really use those on the mixer. so a previous stable version would be worth a try.
Sherry Nyblom
Originally Posted by brian_johnstone
brilliant cheers for that, ill get it sorted and try to get it to replicate the problem, just a thought, could some of my music be corrupt, now that i have analysed it all, some of the tracks that i have from soundcloud are showing in serato as corrupt?? could this be the problem?
Delete all corrupt tracks and try then. IF happens again, proly something with your laptop isn't configured ok.
Sherry Nyblom
how do i go about doing that, i'm used to traktor where there's a folder for crashlogs but cant seem to find anything in the serato folders. cheers.
http://serato.com/articles/scratchli...-and-windows-7
Golden Faubert
Originally Posted by icb
You should take dump of the crash and send to serato guys to investigate. Contact [email protected]
how do i go about doing that, i'm used to traktor where there's a folder for crashlogs but cant seem to find anything in the serato folders. cheers.
Golden Faubert
hi guys, a bit of an odd one that no-one seems to of heard of over at the serato community s, i dont yet have a serato interface as i currently run tsp2, but im switching over in the next few weeks and thought i'd get ahead and organise playlists etc so that im prepared.

the problem im having is every so often, serato will shut down and restart my laptop? its completely random, doesnt matter if im analysing a track, playing a track or doing absolutely nothing it doesnt even do it at regular intervals.

has anyone heard of this and / or know what the problem is, i want to switch over but cant afford to have stability issues.

any help much appreciated.
Golden Faubert
sorry for the late replies guys, i did manage to get in touch with support, and they honestly have no idea whats causing the issues, i tried uninstalling traktor and the problem seemed to go away, however i have a bit of a lack of trust now seeing as i need 100% stability, this is my job, and to be honest traktor has always been completely rock solid for me so i have decided to stick with TSP and use more of the features. cheers for the input though. when i can afford a MBP i may move over. but thats a long way off
Sherry Nyblom
i-series cpu usually have problems with isb dropouts and music disappearance, not restart of the computer, but it would probably help trying other computer on. Do you have SL1 ? As for versions, I use 2.2 ver. (2.2.2 for Sl2 anx Sl4) but most stable known version was 1.9.2, if you don't mind being without fx unit. Worth a try. Have u managed to get in contact with serato support?
Vernie Beharry
-hp laptop
-2.27ghz i3
These could be the culprit. . . . There has been a major issue with the iCores for a while on Windows based systems. This all depends on the interface tho (SL-1 and TTM57). Those models were built with the 1.1 USB. . .newer interfaces (SL-2, SL-3, SL-4, and 68) don't have this problem with iCore's, as they are USB 2.0 and backward compatible (USB 1.1), thus the issues dissappear. Additionally, the i3's are really bottom of the barrel for iCore processors, and is not much different than a Intel B950/B940 processors, although there are some laptop manufacturer's (Acer, Asus, HP, Toshiba) that have these processors, and run SSL with no issues (so far).

One thing you could try is using a powered USB hub. Make sure it is USB 2.0 (as most of them should be), as this will usually translate the info in readable code for the processor. Read this up on the Serato boards as well, and it made the issue "tolerable".

This is why it took me so long to get a new lappy for my set-up. I've been following the issue for a year, and I had to give in and buy a MBP. . .

Hope that helped you out. . .but definitely check with an SL-2 or SL-3. . .Like I mentioned, they have the USB 2.0, and should be able to work no problem.

(sorry for the info overload there. . .
Golden Faubert
ok this is really starting to p*ss me right off now, and im beginning to seriously rebelieve switching over, i finished analysing all of my music and building crates within serato. the program was running for 6 hours, whilst i was doing this without a glitch.

i got home loaded serato, to go through and check if i had missed anything and instantly restarts my laptop, so i restarted it again and it did exactly the same thing. which release do users find most stable? im going to try using an older version of the software to see if that helps.

i am planning on ordering the sl2 interface tomorrow and unless i can get this sorted im not going to bother, traktor has always been stable for me and this is really starting to annoy me!

to summarise:
-hp laptop
-2.27ghz i3
-8gb ram
-60gb ssd for programs
-7200 500gb hdd for music in drive bay
- virus scan came back completely clean

i have also tried running on battery and on power, changed all of my power saving measures, ran with/without smitten's optimiser

any insight on this would be greatly appreciated
Golden Faubert
Originally Posted by Garygary1
If all else fails, it wouldn't hurt to uninstall it and try a different version...
thats what i was believeing, im not too fussed about the fx as i only really use those on the mixer. so a previous stable version would be worth a try.
Chas Giraldez
Golden Faubert
will do, cheers mate
Sherry Nyblom
brilliant cheers for that, ill get it sorted and try to get it to replicate the problem, just a thought, could some of my music be corrupt, now that i have analysed it all, some of the tracks that i have from soundcloud are showing in serato as corrupt?? could this be the problem?
Delete all corrupt tracks and try then. IF happens again, proly something with your laptop isn't configured ok.
Golden Faubert
Sherry Nyblom
http://serato.com/articles/scratchli...-and-windows-7
Golden Faubert
Originally Posted by icb
You should take dump of the crash and send to serato guys to investigate. Contact [email protected]
Sherry Nyblom
Golden Faubert
thats what others have said, but i have stress tested everything, i ran tsp2 yesterday with all 8 sample decks looping, every fx bank on and decks playing, and it ran sweet for 5 hours, stopped, left everything for a while restarted computer opened serato and boom ... within 2 mins the laptop crashed and restarted, however i could not get it to do it again for another 3 hours???

safe to say my head is fried on this one.
Rebbecca Fennell
i have never heard of that, are you sure its serato and not potentially a problem with your computer surfacing?

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy