New Serato Control Vinyl

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: New Serato Control VinylReply
New Serato Control Vinyl
Posted on: 21.01.2012 by Fe Kuchma
Serato are proud to announce a new line of Control Vinyl for Scratch Live DJs with all new double packs and exclusive colours.

This new line of performance vinyl features a re-mastered Serato NoiseMap
Sherry Nyblom
Originally Posted by Konix
The new performance vinyl are actually called "CV02.5." It's the same noisemap signal, just that it's +6dB higher pressed on the vinyl, hence it's a louder signal and therefore tracking/scratching should be better. They also used higher quality plastic/pvc for the vinyl.

Serato wouldn't pull anything like NI. NI was technically licensing their "old" timecode signal from N2IT (the original patent holders of Final Scratch). I'm sure they didn't feel like paying licensing fees anymore, so they probably said F it and made their own timecode signal finally, which is their "new" MK2 vinyl/signal.

Serato on the other hand own and made their noisemap signal from the beginning and still tote it as far superior to "timecode." The new performance series vinyl is still the same noisemap signal, it's just louder, that's all really. The regular CV02 of course will still continue work.
Good to know. Anyways I'm glad my CV02 will still work.
Sherry Nyblom
Originally Posted by herlsy
I'm not sure if all future versions will have the stronger signal. Why would they market it as performance vinyl vs version 3? I'll buy a ton of cv02, still tight!
Ye, I couldn't find anywhere official explanation how is it better then cv02. But I got 4 cv02 vinyls still, so I hope they will be suporting it for a long time to come, unlike NI with their new vinyls (who buys latest traktor will get mk2 vinyls and can't use old ones).
Ninfa Larranaga
Originally Posted by JesC
i got the fools gold, im wondering if they have the updated timecode?
no they dont. the ones that came out in 2012 namm (the new black, dark purple and the GIDs) have the new signal.

i believe from this point on, any control vinyl that comes out will have the new signal...
Ninfa Larranaga
p.s ma man konix here is the FUCKING SERATO GURU! check out all his tutorials!

http://www.youtube.com/seratotutor
Sherry Nyblom
Originally Posted by Konix
The new performance vinyl are actually called "CV02.5." It's the same noisemap signal, just that it's +6dB higher pressed on the vinyl, hence it's a louder signal and therefore tracking/scratching should be better. They also used higher quality plastic/pvc for the vinyl.

Serato wouldn't pull anything like NI. NI was technically licensing their "old" timecode signal from N2IT (the original patent holders of Final Scratch). I'm sure they didn't feel like paying licensing fees anymore, so they probably said F it and made their own timecode signal finally, which is their "new" MK2 vinyl/signal.

Serato on the other hand own and made their noisemap signal from the beginning and still tote it as far superior to "timecode." The new performance series vinyl is still the same noisemap signal, it's just louder, that's all really. The regular CV02 of course will still continue work.
Good to know. Anyways I'm glad my CV02 will still work.
Tatum Ansaldo
The traktor timecode licensing problem has plagued them for years and has driven up prices of scratch licences since they had to pay a fee to N2IT for every single one, I believe the new vinyl was a good decision for both NI and their customers.

On the serato front, I don't believe anyone wa screaming out for a better signal (correct me if I'm wrong) but improvements are always welcome whether they're needed or not lol.
Jacquie Whipp

Sherry Nyblom
I'm not sure if all future versions will have the stronger signal. Why would they market it as performance vinyl vs version 3? I'll buy a ton of cv02, still tight!
Ye, I couldn't find anywhere official explanation how is it better then cv02. But I got 4 cv02 vinyls still, so I hope they will be suporting it for a long time to come, unlike NI with their new vinyls (who buys latest traktor will get mk2 vinyls and can't use old ones).
Cristian Carmona
damn it! i want the glow in the dark ones, Im gonna hit up D-Styles or the Stokyo guys, I have some pix from NAMM that I need to upload with them cats.
Shala Busso
Ninfa Larranaga
Originally Posted by JesC
no they dont. the ones that came out in 2012 namm (the new black, dark purple and the GIDs) have the new signal.

i believe from this point on, any control vinyl that comes out will have the new signal...
Rhona Naron
Yeah, I ordered mine as well last week.
My guess is probably not =[

Dammit, glow in the dark ones are sold out! NUUUU!
Cristian Carmona

Rhona Naron
Ballin'
Ninfa Larranaga
^ i luv them!
Sharri Kenimer
The Hit it & Quit it also contains the CV2.5 tone
Ninfa Larranaga
cant wait for the GIDs to ship!
Audrey Pinda
hmmmm. I really want a set of green ones. Part of my master plan.
Tatum Ansaldo
I know it's silly, but the lack of a cool label on my serato vinyl has always annoyed me. Traktor vinyls have the big logo which looks great (particularly on the white ones) but SL standard vinyls look boring. These new ones are an improvement afa i'm concerned.
Shala Busso
The article above lists as double packs, but stokyo says 'single cv' on the black.

Black - 19.99
Purple - 59.99 (2 vinyls + slips)
GID - 69.99 (2 vinyls + slips)

-
The way i read the article, is that these are some additional vinyl to the CV02, for higher gain, it doesn't seem like this will be replacing the old ones.
Sherry Nyblom
They're having a laugh at those prices!
Which are?
Shala Busso
They're having a laugh at those prices!
Verona Candia
So these are suppose to be better than the ones we have now?
Sherry Nyblom
I hope old vinyls will be valid as well for the upcoming updates. I have spare ones and wouldn't want them to go to waste ...

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy