Video for Itch - FINALLY!

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Video for Itch - FINALLY!Reply
Video for Itch - FINALLY!
Posted on: 17.01.2012 by Makkins Clifton
I've been waiting for this for a very long time.

The video-plugin will be available for Itch starting in March 2012 for 149$.

Look here for more information: http://serato.com/video

I'm considering taking this offer already:

If you buy Video-SL at the current $99 discounted rate, you get a free upgrade too. That offer ends in 2 days.

Read more: http://www.skratchworx.com/newspage....#ixzz1jhT4n8B1
press release:

Audio. Video. Disco.

Serato are proud to announce Serato Video, a brand new plug in for Scratch Live and ITCH that allows DJs to playback, scratch and mix video files using turntables, CDJs or supported controllers.

Based upon Video-SL, the popular plug-in for vinyl emulation software Scratch Live, Serato Video will offer support for both Scratch Live and ITCH, giving DJs more flexibility than ever.

Serato Video
Rebbecca Fennell
Originally Posted by haze324
I believe so too, but not for core functions where you "remap" your controller. I believe it will be for additional newer features like the SP6 and now Video.

Yeah exactly. People like cerla and a few admins on the serato community s have said its in the works. I dont see how they could possibly do this update without dealing with midi stuff in an update. I dont need to remap the core features because thats the great part about itch. Hell I'm fine with the hardware triggering of the sp6, but trying to double a track from a deck to a sample slot is clunky at best right now and I'm sure the seratos community s will be a damn mess of hate if they do video without means to control the shit.
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant
Id be willing to bet money with video for itch we get an itch update that includes midi mapping comparable to ssl.
i believe so
Ngan Ernestine
Originally Posted by oliosky
i believe they may have been playing on the whole justice reference TBH. By the way justice isn't a him, its a them.
that makes sense. i guess i forgot how popular this whole electro hipster ed banger style really is. perhaps because i don't listen to that stuff..
Johnetta Olewine
Originally Posted by rgtb
I gotta rant a little about Serato picking the marketing slogan "Audio. Video. Disco."

German artists Dixon (which some might know as the head of record label Innervisions) and Mitja Prins (Tresor Club Berlin) used "Audio Video Disco" as the title of a compilation on WMF Records back in 2001.

Just last year, Justice (Paris, France) named his latest album "Audio, Video, Disco."

I hope the product is better than the uninspired marketing.
i believe they may have been playing on the whole justice reference TBH. By the way justice isn't a him, its a them.
Makkins Clifton
I've been waiting for this for a very long time.

The video-plugin will be available for Itch starting in March 2012 for 149$.

Look here for more information: http://serato.com/video

I'm considering taking this offer already:

If you buy Video-SL at the current $99 discounted rate, you get a free upgrade too. That offer ends in 2 days.

Read more: http://www.skratchworx.com/newspage....#ixzz1jhT4n8B1
press release:

Audio. Video. Disco.

Serato are proud to announce Serato Video, a brand new plug in for Scratch Live and ITCH that allows DJs to playback, scratch and mix video files using turntables, CDJs or supported controllers.

Based upon Video-SL, the popular plug-in for vinyl emulation software Scratch Live, Serato Video will offer support for both Scratch Live and ITCH, giving DJs more flexibility than ever.

Serato Video
Rebbecca Fennell
Originally Posted by haze324
I believe so too, but not for core functions where you "remap" your controller. I believe it will be for additional newer features like the SP6 and now Video.

Yeah exactly. People like cerla and a few admins on the serato community s have said its in the works. I dont see how they could possibly do this update without dealing with midi stuff in an update. I dont need to remap the core features because thats the great part about itch. Hell I'm fine with the hardware triggering of the sp6, but trying to double a track from a deck to a sample slot is clunky at best right now and I'm sure the seratos community s will be a damn mess of hate if they do video without means to control the shit.
Julissa Serrone
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant
Id be willing to bet money with video for itch we get an itch update that includes midi mapping comparable to ssl.
i believe so
Rebbecca Fennell
Cristian Carmona
You can midi map all the feat in SL/Video, as for itch. They did mention that these functions will be midi mappable
Shawna Denha
So sorry, this was just for an idea of how the new software may work. I imagine it may be similar, as the volume sliders would also move the video transition effect in a visual kinda way. Everything is free download so it would give you an idea of how it may work.
Serato does have SSL that does video, but you'd have to buy it to see how it works
Maile Dekerlegand
huh? say what?

Well thats an option I guess but that wasn't really my question, nobody seems to know I guess... let me have another go at asking...

Ordinarily if you use a VJ program you map commands via midi to controller buttons/knobs/faders etc.. for a DJ program such as Traktor you can map it yourself but with Serato Itch this is something they don't allow the user to change. SSL you can map, Itch up until now you CANNOT map anything.

I have never used SSL Video plug in, buuuuut I assume that it itself can be mapped via midi to any controller? Is this correct? or does one have to use the keyboard? If so thats a bummer....

Now assuming that Serato use exactly the same plug in with Itch does this mean that the core DJ elements will remain with their mappings locked to the controller whereas this module will let you map whatever?
This would seem to go against the Itch philosophy... don't get me wrong I wish Serato would let you map stuff!

I just hope they don't lock it down because in a controller like the Twitch there is already heaps going on... and I really don't want to use the keyboard...
Shawna Denha
scooterADAM, grab a free version of Virtual DJ , go to Josh Frazetta on SoundCloud Download some of his videos, load them on to the VDJ and have fun. The videos mix easy enough, you'll see. Then after you see how Josh mixes you'll be hooked for sure
Fe Kuchma
Today is the last day to buy Video SL for $99. If you buy it today you save $50 on it buying it in March as it is a free upgrade from Video SL!
Maile Dekerlegand
Does anybody have any idea how one would actually use an itch controller to control video? for instance if I use my Twitch does it mean that the video control functions are somehow enabled on it? (like the way they 'enabled' sp6 with the cues)

I saw mention of 3rd party midi control within SSL but I have yet to see any confirmation of this with Itch.

Don't know what other people believe but I reckon it would really suck if you had to use the keyboard for this. Alternatively if you can't map it yourself and they enable video control functions mapped to existing Itch controllers it seems like they will have to make some fairly big assumptions about how people wanna use this.

I'm a bit nervous about this given that on a controller such as Twitch there is already a lot going on and having pages upon pages of different controls can be a bit a overwhelming...

thoughts?
Rebbecca Fennell
im looking forward to this, just bought sony vegas and plan on getting back on making gif loops in photoshop. im excited for the multimedia trippyness.
Ngan Ernestine
Originally Posted by oliosky
that makes sense. i guess i forgot how popular this whole electro hipster ed banger style really is. perhaps because i don't listen to that stuff..
Johnetta Olewine
Originally Posted by rgtb
I gotta rant a little about Serato picking the marketing slogan "Audio. Video. Disco."

German artists Dixon (which some might know as the head of record label Innervisions) and Mitja Prins (Tresor Club Berlin) used "Audio Video Disco" as the title of a compilation on WMF Records back in 2001.

Just last year, Justice (Paris, France) named his latest album "Audio, Video, Disco."

Ngan Ernestine

Cristian Carmona
CalleD it

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy