33 or 45

33 or 45
Posted on: 06.03.2012 by Trista Karle
What's the difference and why one not the other in itch. Clearly know with real vinyl the difference but don't see how it'd make a difference in itch?
Trista Karle
What's the difference and why one not the other in itch. Clearly know with real vinyl the difference but don't see how it'd make a difference in itch?
Sharri Kenimer
Yeah, if using 45 in SSL you might wanna use the 15 min side.
Audrey Pinda
I was really wondering about that. I had gotten familiar with mixing (w/ Serato) at 33 RPM just because I was lazy about switching to 45 RPM when I powered the TT's on. I had a buddy over the other evening , and he was all sort of fucked up because of it.

Either way works fine, I feel that 33 RPM would give you a bit more time before having to move the needle though, and that's almost worth it on it's own.

Although, most of my actual vinyl is 45RPM. And haven't figured out mixing on it well enough yet, but it's something that's always on my mind.

(I know, slightly off topic but I keep believeing about it lol)
Sharri Kenimer
Most turntablists perfer 33 rpm. The 45 rpm gets real busy real fast.

For classic vinyl house dj's its mostly the other way around.
Classic house and disco 12" singles would normally be 45 as it would be better sound quality, and less queburn/wear on the vinyl.
Trista Karle
Ya I wondered if didn't stem from ns7
Dorie Scelzo
Ahh…makes sense.

In that case, the answer to the OP's question is that it's a feel thing. I'd probably pick 45 if it were me.
Monroe Vandeslunt
Its for when you play your 45 rpm mp3s you need to change that setting.

Its for the numark moving platters.
Dorie Scelzo
Why would Itch do 33 or 45? It doesn't do vinyl control.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy