The Bridge

The Bridge
Posted on: 13.09.2011 by Breanne Penge
Anyone else using it?

I've had a few good goes with it and it's damn fun. As a pretty experienced Ableton user, I decided initially to go with dual monitors so as to have the full Ableton GUI open as well as my serato interface; sans Ableton selected.

It's so flexible, having the best of both worlds, TT's and controller gear. Almost overwhelming. I would be interested to hear how others are using it.

My basic setup was using Ableton to control a selection of short loops and acapellas, and use some Ableton FX over these. Serato, the usual track mixing / cue points and SP-6 sampler.
I have 3 banks of controls on my Trigger Finger and can swap between 1 bank of Loop / Cue points / FX controls....1 bank of SP-6 sampler controls complete with gain adjustments....and 1 bank of Ableton controls for starting/stopping loops, and using FX.

Anyone elsse on to this stuff?
Luke Motas
Originally Posted by Frank Spinatra
Thanks JPrime, I'd like to see those maps. It's great to hear somebody mention the Trigger Finger these days. So many people still use and love them.

Yes, I have been believeing about Twitch vs. an APC40 but currently with my limited (putting it modestly) knowledge of Ableton I don't want to invest in a controller yet. My thought process; I sold my SL1 when I got my TTM57. The result, I have no hardware connected to my laptop when I'm sitting at my desk. So I have to unplug my mixer from my dj setup or standing at my decks for production work (#FirstWorldProblems). So I was considering Twitch as a "sit down" solution for learning about Ableton and the Bridge or editing beat grids and warping tracks.

When I'm ready I'll go whole hog, hence avoiding the temptation to buy a launchpad (no offense to users) even with it's relatively low buy in.

That's why I'm most curious as to how you've mapped it for the bridge specifically. If you want to share your Ableton template that would be appreciated. I bought Ableton for the bridge haven't really capitalized on it the way I'd like to yet. If it's poor form to ask for templates let me know, I'm too new to production to know otherwise.

Cheers,
Considering i am new too Ableton (The Bridge)& SSL & APC40(New) purchased last month.... I found a cool template you can DJ with... DJ Template (APC40) Will Marshall

Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by JesC
i believe using the twitch is a little too extreme.
Agreed - it is a bit of overkill. I believe two dudes working off the same laptop could get some cool results with this rig though.
Also, it's a pretty cool way to get scratching into an Ableton set
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by jprime
I was believeing about using the Ableton mapping for Twitch, and using that in conjunction with serato/Bridge.

This sounds like a ridiculously clever idea....possibly too much for one man to handle.

Your thoughts?
i believe using the twitch is a little too extreme. but make a video damn it!
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by rdej47
Anyone on here using the TTM57 with the bridge, i'd love to ask some questions
What's up?
Breanne Penge

Just switching between a couple of clips, bit of fx (Tarakeths Super Luper) and some scratch in serato.

I keep changing my Trigger Finger / serato mapping...honestly if someone wants it still, I'll post it up but you'll really want to get Enigma and start putting together your own
Ervin Calvery
WarpNote is using an APC20
http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...ghlight=bridge
Chi Woodly
anyone using an apc40 with the bridge?
Luke Motas
Originally Posted by Frank Spinatra
Thanks JPrime, I'd like to see those maps. It's great to hear somebody mention the Trigger Finger these days. So many people still use and love them.

Yes, I have been believeing about Twitch vs. an APC40 but currently with my limited (putting it modestly) knowledge of Ableton I don't want to invest in a controller yet. My thought process; I sold my SL1 when I got my TTM57. The result, I have no hardware connected to my laptop when I'm sitting at my desk. So I have to unplug my mixer from my dj setup or standing at my decks for production work (#FirstWorldProblems). So I was considering Twitch as a "sit down" solution for learning about Ableton and the Bridge or editing beat grids and warping tracks.

When I'm ready I'll go whole hog, hence avoiding the temptation to buy a launchpad (no offense to users) even with it's relatively low buy in.

That's why I'm most curious as to how you've mapped it for the bridge specifically. If you want to share your Ableton template that would be appreciated. I bought Ableton for the bridge haven't really capitalized on it the way I'd like to yet. If it's poor form to ask for templates let me know, I'm too new to production to know otherwise.

Cheers,
Considering i am new too Ableton (The Bridge)& SSL & APC40(New) purchased last month.... I found a cool template you can DJ with... DJ Template (APC40) Will Marshall

Sook Kitaoka
Still waiting on any information from Serato about the Bridge for Itch. I generally dislike being kept on the dark regarding information like this.
Jefferey Ings

Cheers,
Breanne Penge
Sure, I'll post up my Trigger Finger maps toevening ...

However - I mentioned that in another thread I'd hooked up my Twitch to Ableton using the Novation Live Transport....and the ableton mapping they supplied...then fired up the Bridge/serato, and omg....it's so powerful.

O_O
Jefferey Ings
So far I've mostly used the bridge for Mixtape, but I'd love to know more about your trigger finger midi maps JPrime.

I'm ALWAYS remapping my trigger finger so I'd be curious how you have yours mapped out.

I'm currently using 2 x Tech 1210's, TTM57, Novation Dicer, M-Audio Trigger finger, MBP 2011 750gig hd 8mb ram 2.2ghz.
Cristian Carmona
Two dudes, one laptop? Sounds like a disaster
Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by JesC
i believe using the twitch is a little too extreme.
Agreed - it is a bit of overkill. I believe two dudes working off the same laptop could get some cool results with this rig though.
Also, it's a pretty cool way to get scratching into an Ableton set
Breanne Penge
Wow - it was ridiculously easy to set it all up. Got the Twitch Live Translator, downloaded an Ableton mapping/project. Fired up serato / Ableton and everything was working ace

I just need to wrap my head around this Ableton template and I'll see if I can't produce a small set....I was going to make a Bridge video ages ago anyway....
Cristian Carmona
I was believeing about using the Ableton mapping for Twitch, and using that in conjunction with serato/Bridge.

This sounds like a ridiculously clever idea....possibly too much for one man to handle.

Your thoughts?
i believe using the twitch is a little too extreme. but make a video damn it!
Breanne Penge

Your thoughts?
Johnsie Kingrea
How does the Bridge bypass the timecode signal from the mixer or a Rane soundcard? I tried doing this setup with a DJM 900 selected as the soundcard in both Traktor and Ableton but Ableton just records the timecode signal and no audio from Traktor can be heard.
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by rdej47
What's up?
Johnsie Kingrea
Breanne Penge
OK, I'll see what I can do about putting something together this weekend
Rena Estabrook
Intersting, I was believeing about making a short tutorial covering the basics....
Yeah, that would be cool.
Julissa Serrone
Intersting, I was believeing about making a short tutorial covering the basics....
Do it man! I've been searching but haven't really found anything that was simple basic enough to get me to start messing with it.
Bula Ath
The best thing ive found is BIGWIZ's routing setup for the bridge, allows for full VST effects in serato. nuff said.
Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by haze324
Would love to see some simple tutorials on using the bridge. I would love to drop some synced samples.
Julissa Serrone
Would love to see some simple tutorials on using the bridge. I would love to drop some synced samples.
Breanne Penge
You can just assign controls to the synch1 / synch2 / int buttons for that. No need for M4L
Laurice Migneco
Yes it does...

I'm having great fun with it, it needs a little bit more control so i can choose easily which deck to sync to using my midi controller in Ableton but i'll figure that out with M4L....

Cheers
D
Spencer Kilcoyne
Got to get round to this

I'm assuming it'll work with Live 8 and an SL1 box?
Breanne Penge
Interesting. :eek:

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy