Fade to Grey?

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Fade to Grey?Reply
Fade to Grey?
Posted on: 17.04.2012 by Kareem Gaudy
Can anyone explain to me in detail how to get the fade to grey effect like in Ableton. Ive been using low pass filter + high pass filter + delay on the ultra knob settings, but I cant seem to get them adjusted properly to get same effect. Thanks!
Doug Bieling
Originally Posted by mostapha
Traktor won't get you fade to grey either. The issue is that it uses Ableton's Ping Pong Delay
Doug Bieling
Traktor won't get you fade to grey either. The issue is that it uses Ableton's Ping Pong Delay
Doug Bieling
Doug Bieling
Doug Bieling
Doug Bieling
Doug Bieling
Doug Bieling
Doug Bieling
Doug Bieling
Doug Bieling
Doug Bieling
Kareem Gaudy
Traktor won't get you fade to grey either. The issue is that it uses Ableton's Ping Pong Delay……I'm not sure SSL has anything similar. I don't have my SL1 with me, so I don't believe I can check on it's effects, but the right chain (without a PP Delay) is LPF -> HPF -> beat-sync'd delay -> an auto-pan with the pan time set the same as the delay time, which IIRC, was about 3/8 of a beat. The knob should lower the LPF cutoff and raise the HPF cutoff so they cross and end up passing silence, while turning up dry/wet on the delay from 0% to 100% and raising the feedback from 0 to about 25 or 30% …ish (give or take, IIRC) and turn the auto-pan 100% dry to 100% wet.

I couldn't exactly duplicate it in Traktor, but it would take 3 FX units to do it (one in chained, two in detailed).

I'm not sure if SSL can do it at all.
That seems about right. The best I could do with Serato was combine Lpf with hpf and delay and then manually use the loop roll effect. seems to work allright, but not exact.
Kareem Gaudy
Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole
Here you go.

http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...t=32727&page=3

Seriously, if anyone tells me to use search on this community at the moment they clearly haven't used it themselves! It's horrendous at the moment.

I had to go and use google to find the post, as not only is it a bit silly the way you have to get to search at the moment, once your there its not up to the job!
Cool that sorta helped, but I'm using Serato Scratch Live and it wont work the same. I've played with the settings for hours now and I'm just not getting the same effect. Thanks for you help though.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Patch
Search here is a PITA right now! Fix it please, guys....
It's being worked on right now.
Kareem Gaudy
I did this a while back and also posted the tai I believe.... I'll see if I can find it
Thanks man, that would be great!
Kareem Gaudy
Can anyone explain to me in detail how to get the fade to grey effect like in Ableton. Ive been using low pass filter + high pass filter + delay on the ultra knob settings, but I cant seem to get them adjusted properly to get same effect. Thanks!
Doug Bieling
Kareem Gaudy
Traktor won't get you fade to grey either. The issue is that it uses Ableton's Ping Pong Delay……I'm not sure SSL has anything similar. I don't have my SL1 with me, so I don't believe I can check on it's effects, but the right chain (without a PP Delay) is LPF -> HPF -> beat-sync'd delay -> an auto-pan with the pan time set the same as the delay time, which IIRC, was about 3/8 of a beat. The knob should lower the LPF cutoff and raise the HPF cutoff so they cross and end up passing silence, while turning up dry/wet on the delay from 0% to 100% and raising the feedback from 0 to about 25 or 30% …ish (give or take, IIRC) and turn the auto-pan 100% dry to 100% wet.

I couldn't exactly duplicate it in Traktor, but it would take 3 FX units to do it (one in chained, two in detailed).

That seems about right. The best I could do with Serato was combine Lpf with hpf and delay and then manually use the loop roll effect. seems to work allright, but not exact.
Dorie Scelzo

Kareem Gaudy
Thanks again. I believe serato needs to step it up a notch or two for controlerist. I'm about to switch to traktor.
Doug Bieling
Ahhh sorry I didn't realise.

If I remember right it's explained when to kick in what, in that thread. I've never used Serato so can't really help much more than that. Hope you get sorted
Kareem Gaudy
Thanks for the help, but I'm using SSl and its just not the same.
Kareem Gaudy
Here you go.

Seriously, if anyone tells me to use search on this community at the moment they clearly haven't used it themselves! It's horrendous at the moment.

I had to go and use google to find the post, as not only is it a bit silly the way you have to get to search at the moment, once your there its not up to the job!
Cool that sorta helped, but I'm using Serato Scratch Live and it wont work the same. I've played with the settings for hours now and I'm just not getting the same effect. Thanks for you help though.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Patch
It's being worked on right now.
Brunilda Kora
Doug Bieling
Here you go.

Doug Bieling
I cant find it. I'm wondering if some of the older posts have been deleted within the community move

I'll keep trying.
Kareem Gaudy
I did this a while back and also posted the tai I believe.... I'll see if I can find it
Thanks man, that would be great!
Doug Bieling
I did this a while back and also posted the tsi I believe.... I'll see if I can find it

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy