Home :: Anything on the Serato :: DJTT serato controllerReply
DJTT serato controller
Posted on: 16.05.2012 by Breanne Penge
Please make one.

1. 4 buttons per channel for cue points
2. A strip of 5 buttons for the SP-6 sampler
3. sample bank selectors
4. Nav controls, scroll, load A, load B, next, prev
5. 3 rotaries for 3 FX (could use 1 as super knob if that's how you roll)
6. loop / loop out buttons for each channel
7. loop roll controls per channel

Thanks

Folks please add your suggestions to this magical, unobtainable controller here plz.
Nedra Fresneda
Originally Posted by pilmat
And JesC, that's just wicked. A bit overkill, but what the heck!

Cristian Carmona

those touch strips on the mojo are wicked!
Corine Kasman
Originally Posted by jprime
Sure, a few controllers can be mapped to a degree, but a dedicated unit with no frills - all controls available sans shifting or keystroke mapping still isnt there
No arguments there, I see where your coming from. Having a look at the age of the Denon HC1000, I'm pretty sure Serato have something in the pipeline.

Breanne Penge
This is where we disagree, I want the encoders to navigate between cue, loop or one shot samples and the faders to control the volume of the sample player. Basically I want this for the SP-6 and the rest of the control on Twitch. I'm hoping Serato opens up MIDI assignable controls in Itch on the stuff that is not already on the main controller (SP-6, Record, etc) and I'll be all set. Maybe a pipe dream but with the Midi-to-keystrokes we're almost there!
I believe thats a great addition. Volume controls for the samples and movement between trigger modes.

Sure, a few controllers can be mapped to a degree, but a dedicated unit with no frills - all controls available sans shifting or keystroke mapping still isnt there
Cristian Carmona
how about a mojo? my boy phaded vision has one.

Moldover-Mojo-Custom-MIDI-Controller.jpg
Corine Kasman
The Xone has a bunch of useless faders, and way too many rotaries. The ideal serato controller is specific.
This is where we disagree, I want the encoders to navigate between cue, loop or one shot samples and the faders to control the volume of the sample player. Basically I want this for the SP-6 and the rest of the control on Twitch. I'm hoping Serato opens up MIDI assignable controls in Itch on the stuff that is not already on the main controller (SP-6, Record, etc) and I'll be all set. Maybe a pipe dream but with the Midi-to-keystrokes we're almost there!
Breanne Penge
seratocontroller.jpg
Breanne Penge
Why only 5 buttons for the SP-6, 6 seems like a better option?
And why not this?
XoneK2_Front_web.jpg
Ugh - you're right! Clearly a 6 button spread for the SP-6 is in order. I only have 9.5 fingers....occasionally I come up short

The Xone has a bunch of useless faders, and way too many rotaries. The ideal serato controller is specific.
Corine Kasman
And why not this?
XoneK2_Front_web.jpg
Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by JesC
mr prime. lets design it!
Hells Yeah
Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by synthet1c
finished...

you just need to remap the loop select knobs for effects.

*picture of denon hc1000*
Aha! I was waiting for someone to post that as a suggestion.

You would have to shift through buttons to go between the cue points and sampler. This is no good imo - you shouldn't have to use two hands for either. I maintain that the ideal controller would have a full set of buttons for both of those features up front with no shifting.

I have some other qualms - but I'll post em tomorrow...Game of Thrones catch up time.

Oh - I started a little design, I'll post it up :P
Breanne Penge
Please make one.

1. 4 buttons per channel for cue points
2. A strip of 5 buttons for the SP-6 sampler
3. sample bank selectors
4. Nav controls, scroll, load A, load B, next, prev
5. 3 rotaries for 3 FX (could use 1 as super knob if that's how you roll)
6. loop / loop out buttons for each channel
7. loop roll controls per channel

Thanks

Folks please add your suggestions to this magical, unobtainable controller here plz.
Brunilda Kora
Originally Posted by padi_04
Breanne Penge
little update to add gains for the individual sample slots, and a button to toggle sample modes :P

Nedra Fresneda

Cristian Carmona

those touch strips on the mojo are wicked!
Corine Kasman
No arguments there, I see where your coming from. Having a look at the age of the Denon HC1000, I'm pretty sure Serato have something in the pipeline.

Breanne Penge
I believe thats a great addition. Volume controls for the samples and movement between trigger modes.

Cristian Carmona
how about a mojo? my boy phaded vision has one.

Moldover-Mojo-Custom-MIDI-Controller.jpg
Corine Kasman
Breanne Penge
Breanne Penge
Should adjust that design to include 5 cue points really....
Breanne Penge
suggest me some buttons / layout suggestions
Breanne Penge
seratocontroller.jpg
Breanne Penge
And why not this?
XoneK2_Front_web.jpg
Ugh - you're right! Clearly a 6 button spread for the SP-6 is in order. I only have 9.5 fingers....occasionally I come up short

Corine Kasman
And why not this?
XoneK2_Front_web.jpg
Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by JesC
Hells Yeah
Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by synthet1c
finished...

*picture of denon hc1000*
Aha! I was waiting for someone to post that as a suggestion.

You would have to shift through buttons to go between the cue points and sampler. This is no good imo - you shouldn't have to use two hands for either. I maintain that the ideal controller would have a full set of buttons for both of those features up front with no shifting.

I have some other qualms - but I'll post em tomorrow...Game of Thrones catch up time.

Oh - I started a little design, I'll post it up :P
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
finished...

Cristian Carmona

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy