Friend has a recording issue?
Posted on: 31.07.2012 by Marva Lievsay
Her setup:
Turntables: stanton str8-20
Mixer: behringer nox404
Rane serato sl2

Her problem:
*RECORDING ISSUE*
Basically she told me that when she got the upgrade for the software, the way the recording works worked "differently". She told me that she used to just be able to hit the record button and record a mix. But now, that doesnt work for her anymore. My other friend tried helping her out by telling her to get an AUX Cable that connects the computer to the mixer. That doesnt work either. Now she comes to me for help because I am a music producer and such :P but i'm not familiar with Serato which is why I come here. So i was wondering if anyone knows what she is doing wrong or what is wrong and how I can fix it for her tommorow? Thank you
Marva Lievsay
Originally Posted by 3heads
Yeah, the detailed description "but that doesn't work for her anymore" is highly likely to produce an "ideal solution"....
Ok then bud. Let me rephrase that for you. It refuses to function for her. There you go.
Marva Lievsay
And as a "music producer and such" you probably checked out all the Serato settings before coming here, didn't you? Even without knowing a particular program it's usually quite doable to figure stuff like this out on your own (*hinthint* watch out for the terms recording and routing while looking through the settings *hinthint*)
I have not been able to see Serato's recording settings because I do not own the software. And, I came here to get maybe a general spectrum of what can be wrong and have some ideal solution to the problem. Theres no need to be a smart a** 3heads.
Marva Lievsay
Her setup:
Turntables: stanton str8-20
Mixer: behringer nox404
Rane serato sl2

Her problem:
*RECORDING ISSUE*
Basically she told me that when she got the upgrade for the software, the way the recording works worked "differently". She told me that she used to just be able to hit the record button and record a mix. But now, that doesnt work for her anymore. My other friend tried helping her out by telling her to get an AUX Cable that connects the computer to the mixer. That doesnt work either. Now she comes to me for help because I am a music producer and such :P but i'm not familiar with Serato which is why I come here. So i was wondering if anyone knows what she is doing wrong or what is wrong and how I can fix it for her tommorow? Thank you
Celestine Porebski

But let me explain: "it doesn't work no more" is not going to bring the results you desire because it does not describe the problem accurately. What exactly has stopped working? Are there error messages? What settings have you checked and employed the trial-and-error-method on? And so on...

Describing a problem accurately is half the solution. You don't go to a doctor, tell him "I feel pain" and expect him to treat you right without describing in what part of your body the pain is located and in what situations you experience it, do you?
Marva Lievsay
Yeah, the detailed description "but that doesn't work for her anymore" is highly likely to produce an "ideal solution"....
Ok then bud. Let me rephrase that for you. It refuses to function for her. There you go.
Celestine Porebski
Marva Lievsay
And as a "music producer and such" you probably checked out all the Serato settings before coming here, didn't you? Even without knowing a particular program it's usually quite doable to figure stuff like this out on your own (*hinthint* watch out for the terms recording and routing while looking through the settings *hinthint*)
I have not been able to see Serato's recording settings because I do not own the software. And, I came here to get maybe a general spectrum of what can be wrong and have some ideal solution to the problem. Theres no need to be a smart a** 3heads.
Celestine Porebski

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy