interesting...

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: interesting...Reply
interesting...
Posted on: 07.11.2012 by Breanne Penge
No DJTT review on the Pioneer controller & new seratoDJ software.

New controller & controller software....is this an open statement towards their feelings towards serato in general?
Renaldo Chansky
Originally Posted by photojojo
I believe the fact DJ Worx doesn't have a solid hands on review either is pretty telling. Maybe NI is just better at getting hardware in reviewers hands earlier. Pioneer, may not care as much because people will just buy it based on press releases and brand name. I'm pretty confident that DJTT would do an in-depth review if they had one.
I have one, but I'm just crazy busy with my growing business.

My first reaction - a solid high quality unit with just about everything you could want. But as I suspected, it's really cramped. My daughter was laughing at me as I was trying to mix and kept hitting the pitch controls. And still do. And the wheels aren't quite as good as units before it. Good, but not as good as I've come to expect.

When I saw it, I was like most other people - got to have have one. But my judgement is a little more reserved now. Trying to get through the work for my video business and then I'm all over this and the Z2. I need to get back to writing.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by DJZILCH
Me too before I bought the controller I really wanted to see either the DJWORX review or the DJTECHTOOLS review, but they didnt seem to have exclusive coverage of the item the way they always have traktor stuff way earlier than other people
I believe the fact DJ Worx doesn't have a solid hands on review either is pretty telling. Maybe NI is just better at getting hardware in reviewers hands earlier. Pioneer, may not care as much because people will just buy it based on press releases and brand name. I'm pretty confident that DJTT would do an in-depth review if they had one.
Kandra Fagler
Originally Posted by jprime
Would you lose some of the key features like Slip mode and Loop Rolls?
yes all the good DDJ-SX features are forever gone (eg the SLICER)- unless someone maps it on the controller that is in traktor
Breanne Penge
I really wish there is an HID mapping for Traktor - the current user mapping by viper is really great but I miss those jogwheel performance that can only be found on NI's own HID protocol
Breanne Penge
Yeah nice review

Wish they'd done a video too
Leeanna Ayla
http://www.djranking s.com/2012/11/2...for-serato-dj/
Ashanti Andreacchio
I've giged 2 evening s for 5 hours each and not once did I bump the pitch fader so I don't see why quite a few people mentioned it being a problem.
Kandra Fagler
i am going to agree with the pitch controls and the jogwheels

the pitch controls are very loose (in comparison to regular pioneer cdjs eg 900/2000) which is good but the placement makes it easy for it to get knocked around, by now i am used to it but the first month new owners who beatmatch manually (and use the pitch sliders) bound to knock into the sliders quite often, and trust me the serato sync is not as good as traktor yet so... you kinda would wanna do manual beatmatching, plus with the huge jogwheels and full size pitch sliders there is no reason why you need to use sync (if thats not enough you can line up the peak lines and thats kinda like instant sync already)

the jogwheels are nice but i believe it can definitely be improved after some firmware upgrade, at the moment there are some inconsistencies with the release, eg when you scratch sometimes the release is instant and sometimes you kinda need to nudge it forward to make the release good (like in vinyl)
Renaldo Chansky
Originally Posted by photojojo
I have one, but I'm just crazy busy with my growing business.

My first reaction - a solid high quality unit with just about everything you could want. But as I suspected, it's really cramped. My daughter was laughing at me as I was trying to mix and kept hitting the pitch controls. And still do. And the wheels aren't quite as good as units before it. Good, but not as good as I've come to expect.

When I saw it, I was like most other people - got to have have one. But my judgement is a little more reserved now. Trying to get through the work for my video business and then I'm all over this and the Z2. I need to get back to writing.
Breanne Penge
....And a nice review on the software by the team - great work, I enjoyed reading your points
Breanne Penge
Good points
Leeanna Ayla
Me too before I bought the controller I really wanted to see either the DJWORX review or the DJTECHTOOLS review, but they didnt seem to have exclusive coverage of the item the way they always have traktor stuff way earlier than other people
Kandra Fagler
yes all the good DDJ-SX features are forever gone (eg the SLICER)- unless someone maps it on the controller that is in traktor
Breanne Penge
I really wish there is an HID mapping for Traktor - the current user mapping by viper is really great but I miss those jogwheel performance that can only be found on NI's own HID protocol
Kandra Fagler

I ended up buying the DDJ-SX out of a leap of faith, even though I am a Traktor die hard fan (still am)

I wrote some comments (mini review) on my blog HERE for those who are interested, note that I am a Traktor user so the review kinda reflects a lot of comparison between Serato DJ and Traktor

I am really having fun with the DDJ-Sx - so much fun that I can see myself using SSL to play with (with the SL boxed) just so that I can use the same library both at home and in the clubs (I dont believe i want to bring the ddj-sx out to gigs its too heavy)

Rebbecca Fennell
Not really....but it sure takes something away from being an open minded site dedicated to the evolution of controllerism.
i dont believe so necessarily - certainly a lot easier to a have a review unit if you also happen to be pushing and shipping said unit.
Random X
Hey, hoping it will as well.

(I would even help out the team if they needed a review, though I am currently busy with a review of interesting production software.)
Breanne Penge
TBH, when it came to this controller - I was, and still am, really looking forward to the DJTT review.

I hope one still finds it's way to the blog. All the best
Random X
No DJTT review on the Pioneer controller & new seratoDJ software.

New controller & controller software....is this an open statement towards their feelings towards serato in general?
It could be a few factors ranging from 'time to review it', to 'did we get a review sample from mr. Detken?'
Ashanti Andreacchio
maybe the hidden (unoffical) name of DJTT is DJ Traktor Tools
Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant
its a site thats main bread and butter is selling the competition, is it really that surprising?
Not really....but it sure takes something away from being an open minded site dedicated to the evolution of controllerism.
Rebbecca Fennell
its a site thats main bread and butter is selling the competition, is it really that surprising?
Julissa Serrone
You know when Serato DJ was first announced someone posted it on the main community and then the post was moved here. I know this is the Serato community and all, but I would've though the release of a new DJ software would've stayed on the main community for all to comment/discuss.

Oh well......
Ashanti Andreacchio
only post from press releases and thats all so not much love for Serato from DJTT

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy